GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

dtfd

Autocross Champion
And a brand new set of RE71RS's.

Do you know how much work it would be to go back to stock? I bought a new car to avoid having to fix that one.

FFS, why would I put that much work into it to go back to stock?

Wrenching is only fun if when ruining, I mean modding a car, not when fixing or going back to stock. F that noise.
I mean.....remove 5 bolts per wheel, throw shitty set of stock wheels with bald tires you bought off marketplace for $200 on, keep your nice neuspeed wheels with new tires in a size that would very much fit a mk8?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I mean.....remove 5 bolts per wheel, throw shitty set of stock wheels with bald tires you bought off marketplace for $200 on, keep your nice neuspeed wheels with new tires in a size that would very much fit a mk8?
I sold off all my extra sets of wheels and tires.

Matt has the 2nd to last set on his car.

Dealer would have been mad if I left the car on blocks on the lot.

Anyway, the wheels and tires were unusable to me, wrong size got class I'm planning on running.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
as they should, this is america

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I sold off all my extra sets of wheels and tires.

Matt has the 2nd to last set on his car.

Dealer would have been mad if I left the car on blocks on the lot.

Anyway, the wheels and tires were unusable to me, wrong size got class I'm planning on running.
remove 5 bolts per wheel, throw shitty set of stock wheels with bald tires you bought off marketplace for $200 on, sell your nice neuspeed wheels with new tires for far more than $200.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
remove 5 bolts per wheel, throw shitty set of stock wheels with bald tires you bought off marketplace for $200 on, sell your nice neuspeed wheels with new tires for far more than $200.
I'm not sure if you read my other post. That actually sounds like work.

My labor rate is $140 hr. The math just doesn't work out for me, bro.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure if read my other post. That actually sounds like work.

My labor rate is $140 hr. The math must doesn't work out for me, bro.
Brother if it takes close to an hour to remove 4 wheels......

I mean what's done is done, I'm just making sure the next forum bro knows to at least remove the wheels.

Stock location IC I get since that takes time and real effort but wheels and tires like your old ones could sell within a day at $800 since that would be a screaming deal, and you could easily find stock wheels+tires in the $200-300 range. That much money for that little effort is worth the time, though you will need to deal with marketplace people which can always be.......fun.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Brother if it takes close to an hour to remove 4 wheels......

I mean what's done is done, I'm just making sure the next forum bro knows to at least remove the wheels.

Stock location IC I get since that takes time and real effort but wheels and tires like your old ones could sell within a day at $800 since that would be a screaming deal, and you could easily find stock wheels+tires in the $200-300 range. That much money for that little effort is worth the time, though you will need to deal with marketplace people which can always be.......fun.
I would have had to find, then pick up, then swap on stockers, then sell the RSE16's and RE71RS's.

Do you know how much time and effort that is? and how sketchy everyone in Marketplace is? For what? A few hundred bucks? That whole deal would involve at least two chances to get murdered.

No thank you. I'm not 20 anymore. I get it, but I see things differently than you do with 35 more years experience.

TL/DR get off my lawn.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Hell, I swapped a lot of stuff off, but my GTI went to the dealer with a FMIC and some Neuspeed RS10s...