GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

clownish

just clowning around
well just got the offical HR word that if we move to the west coast, the firm cant support us, since all offices are on the east coast. so guess ill be finding a new job on soon. le sigh. was trying to avoid that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It's not a posted role, they aren't looking at anyone else. It's either the role is getting created or not

That's what they want you to think. My uncle works there, he suggested me for the role.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
well just got the offical HR word that if we move to the west coast, the firm cant support us, since all offices are on the east coast. so guess ill be finding a new job on soon. le sigh. was trying to avoid that.
You were planning on moving west coast?
HR are punks

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
That's annoying.

Conversely, I keep debating the merits of working remote in a silicon valley job, and living in PA. COL is super different, I could finally afford a 944.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
You can unmarry accessports and put the tune on another car
That just doesn't make sense. That would mean that you could just copy the file, send it to a different AP (share it to your friend), that way they can run the tune. Thereby eliminating the need of actually buying a tune from a tuner. Thus the locking of a tune file to a specific vin. Right?
The cobb base tunes yeah, you get those no matter what, but custom ones (eqt stg 1, stratified protune, sneeky ak47 tune) are vin specific? Idk, I didn't share my vin info, but I did share the AP reader info when I submitted the stratified form for a toon.
Edit: It seems tunes are locked to a device. (only one AP can have that tune... it won't work on other APs)
Follow up: I wonder if someone can crack the encryption and change the AP serial signature to trick the tune file into thinking its on the right AP, thus sharing maps. I wondah

avenali312

Autocross Champion
You were planning on moving west coast?
HR are punks
Setting up administrative stuff like taxes and benefits for a state that your company doesn't currently reside in can be a nightmare. I had this happen to a friend that moved to California. They basically made him become an independent contractor and find his own insurance and stuff.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
That just doesn't make sense. That would mean that you could just copy the file, send it to a different AP (share it to your friend), that way they can run the tune. Thereby eliminating the need of actually buying a tune from a tuner. Thus the locking of a tune file to a specific vin. Right?
The cobb base tunes yeah, you get those no matter what, but custom ones (eqt stg 1, stratified protune, sneeky ak47 tune) are vin specific? Idk, I didn't share my vin info, but I did share the AP reader info when I submitted the stratified form for a toon.

The tunes themselves are locked to the AP Serial Number, not car VIN. So you can't send files between friends.