GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Aelwulf

1. A

Early Retirement Investing: Ditch my 2018 Golf R?

I agree with most of what others seem to be saying. Car's aren't an investment. You'd likely take a hit if you just bought it new unless you got a hell of a deal. Even then, circumstances could give a hit (took a small one trading in my 18-month Ram that was technically 'in the black')...
  2. A

2019 VW Tiguan

That's a nice discount. Think we got around $3500 off ours, and that was *supposedly* in part because I was getting the GTI.
  3. A

What is your occupation?

Thanks! Back in the day I washed out of the Arabic Linguist course and had Loadmaster as a top preference for retraining. Got Weapons. Can't complain but would've like the additional travel you all seem to get. That, or maybe refueling boom operator. ;)
  4. A

2019 VW Tiguan

If we didn't need the extra row we probably would've been looking at the Mazda5. Another problem we have with a lot of other smaller SUVs is either I don't fit to drive (which I do a lot when we're all going along) and/or no one can fit behind me unless I'm cramped while driving. Nearly all of...
  5. A

Performance air filter testing

Heh Yeah, hard to find objective reviews with data. Some have decent overviews though. Diesel Ops had one aimed at trucks but applies in general for the aFe options. I will say for both the first two aFe instructions have said just vacuuming the dry filter will return it to at least 80%...
  6. A

Performance air filter testing

Since the thread's pulled up and second time asked about aFe/alternatives without an answer: I ran an aFe full system on my '99 Ram for years with a dry filter. Worked well, no issues with anything extra where it shouldn't be, and easy to clean. I have one now in the GTI as, at minimum...
  7. A

2019 VW Tiguan

SEL and up does have a fair bit of tech. The digital dash is sparkly, but after that wore off I'm kind of glad it's not in the GTI. A lot of graphics that don't add much, although some customization is nice. But my Ram had a less flashy one I could do more with. I'm happy with the GTIs. I...
  8. A

2019 VW Tiguan

My wife traded her 2013 Sienna SE for a 2019 Tiguan SEL R-Line 4Motion. Bit smaller, but she likes that it handles easier and it has the 4Motion in case we end up back in Colorado (the SE version Sienna didn't offer AWD in 2013). Ours has the third row. At 6'2" I can sit there, but I'm nearly...
  9. A

What is your occupation?

We had some overlap then. I was at 4 SOPS other side of town at Schriever 2002-2004 before the mountain. Lived in Fountain then, went to sleep some nights to the artificial thunder & lightning during exercises on Carson. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  10. A

Sunglasses for Driving

ESS Crossbows. Hate having to spend too much money on something like sunglasses for work and home, and the replacement lenses are under $100. Wiley X has worked pretty well in the past as well. Lenses can just be a minor pain to clean on the inside due to the coating. I've already told my...
  11. A

What cars have you had?

Imagine how light a 4-cylinder turbo from today would make it? :D One from then would've sucked though most likely.
  12. A

What cars have you had?

That it did, although also heavy. Had fun on the Autobahn regardless. Think I averaged 115 MPH. Kicked in the governor once around 135. I was pissed, car was having a great day and felt like it would keep pulling. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  13. A

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Mind PMing me that? ;) If we stay here it might be of use. From most I know in the state it seems general consensus that unless you're buddies with a sheriff or such or have a lot of money you're not getting one these days. I could get one from Florida pretty easily, but if we stay here...
  14. A

What is your occupation?

Yep. Well, technically not NORAD but in the mountain with 1st Space Control Squadron from 2004-2007. We'd feed them space status updates, which they then liked claiming as their own info.
  15. A

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

heh That, and reading the first page or two of this thread with people saying, "Why would you need one of those?" So there you go, answer before the question. I also reply with it on social media when the clueless types pipe up about nobody 'needing' one. I then proceed to ask them if...