GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by beardedGTI

1. B

Security Certificate Expired

And what happened here? It wasn’t set up properly and the site was fubared for a few days. You get exactly what you pay for with LE which is the bare minimum. I would never use it for mission critical stuff.
  2. B

Security Certificate Expired

There's two ways of getting an SSL certificate for use on a website: 1.) pay for a trusted one 2.) use a free one from Let's Encrypt that only lasts for 3 months at a time and hope that some janky backend script will work and auto refresh it each time. Guess which path the owners of MK7 went...
  3. B

Talk me out of leaving VW

NickC: which part of town did you move to? I’ve been here 13 years now and I could count on one hand the number of days I’ve seen where you had to have a specialty vehicle to drive during the winter. I realize getting out into oldham amd bullitt the roads can get worse, but I’m still not sure it...
  4. B

Blurred license plate numbers

Really? So there is irrefutable proof of this? They figured it out from forum posts and nothing else? So if I walk around the corner to my neighbors house and take a pic of his GTI with license plate in view then post it here with the phrase “I’m gonna mod this bitch till it blows up” he’s...
  5. B

The best ones are the people on Craigslist who have barely running or non-running beaters who put their thumbs over the plates. “Ohhh... you got me craigslist guy. I was totally going to (somehow) track down your location using your plate and steal your jalopy. And judging by that sweet mansion...
  6. B

So somewhere in VW headquarters, the top brass has decided it makes sense to pay a team of people to scour the internet 24/7 and build a database of people who mod vehicles so that they can deny claims? How much does this job pay? Benefits? Are they hiring?
  7. B

I don’t personally care. It’s just a bizarre practice. One that I assume someone somewhere thought it made them safer(it doesn’t) and so everyone else started following suit. It’s like people who throw salt over their shoulder and genuinely believe it brings them good luck. I don’t lose any...
  8. B

Unrelated but my new ride

Looks awesome. Now I want one :p How does it behave at highway speeds? The last couple of nakeds I've owned I loved the position and the overall feel but cruising on the highway was less than pleasant. I was considering an FZ9 but I really like the looks of this thing. Edit: Turns out this is...