GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bmw2vw

1. B

which watch do you wear?

I have Orient Explorer, Orient Marcus Gronholm L.E watch, a Russian watch, a Guess quartz watch, and Oris TT1 (by far my favorite watch)
  2. B

What other cars do you currently own?

1998 Volvo V70 R 2016 Golf S 5-speed. 2015 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES.
  3. B

What brand jeans do you wear?

Currently I own Relentless (only jeans that fits around my quads), Gap 1969 Japanese Selvedge regular fit, Samurai S0500XX 15 oz. denim, and a couple of Joe's branded jeans (not worth the money)
  4. B

Barische's s2000, m3, car quest

When I was thinking of trading my 12 GTi base, Steve White (VW dealership) told me that they generally offer more money than the online black book tool. I ended up trading it at a different dealer and got 17k for my 21000 gently driven mile car.
  5. B

Considering switch to e36 m3

I owned a 97 M3/4 5-speed for about four years, and originally bought it with 130k miles on the clock. It had somewhere around 192k when I got rid of it. There is a few things you need to know about these cars before you jump on them. In 4 years of owning my car I spent tons of money on...
  6. B

For those with BMW/Mercedes experience

Miatas are fine as track cars, but I wouldn't buy one to be my daily driver- owned an FD And they r not very comfortable. BMWs are good compromise between luxury, and sportiness, and Mercedes if you like Lexus like quietness, and refinement.
  7. B

For those with BMW/Mercedes experience

I have owned several BMWs' (84 533i, 97 M3, 328i, and a 89 325i), and currently own a 1995 W124 E320, and 2001 W210 E320 along with my 2012 Gti. I don't know much about the older Mercs, but W210, n W211 (except for certain years) are bullet proof. My 2001 has 152k and drives like a solid car...
  8. B

e36 M3 Opinions

2001 M coupes have the 331 hp engine. They are beast, but I am sure not in the OP's price range. For the money you really can't beat an E36 M3. I say look on the F.S section on Bimmerforum as there are always a few that are always for sale. Look for 97-98s as they have less problem than the...
  9. B

e36 M3 Opinions

Zhps are hard to find especially with low miles. Last time i checked they were going for 14k-18k, and all with over 70k miles. They are great cars, but like E36 ///Ms they have there share of problems. On a slightly different note I would love to get my hands on a low mileage E46 M3. Never...
  10. B

e36 M3 Opinions

I'd go with the 3.2. Parts are decent, but you are talking about cars that are 14-15 years old. Just about every E36 has P.S lines that leak, water pump, and radiator issues, guibo, ccv, ps reservoirs that clog up, ac issues, climate control units that like to quit, saggy headliners, oil...
  11. B

e36 M3 Opinions

I owned a 1997 M3/4/5 for 4 years, and they are fun cars. I bought mine with 130k miles, and sold it with a little over 191k miles for almost 6.5 grand. But I had a lot of money in maintenance and mods. Just make sure to have a PPI done on it before you buy it. Most of the ones that run in your...
  12. B

Worlds smallest working V12 engine

Attention to detail is superb. This guy should work for Pagani.