GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Braxton

1. B

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Someone in Canada said the dealer upgraded him because of a TSB and people in Europe seem to be getting it OTA (that's what I think I saw)
  2. B

Oh, by "engine off" you mean keep the car in accessory mode right?
  3. B

Is it for the infotainment? It's possible that other modules have different procedures for updates. Since you are getting an official update I would follow whatever procedure it says. Maybe even take a picture so if something breaks you can be like "I did what mister car said"
  4. B

Ambient lighting

Did you manage to get this? I've taken apart much of the front and hatch portions of the mk8 so I can help. By trunk level did you mean hood release?
  5. B

EDIT: I've turned this off as most people seem to have gotten the update. I've added this to my server if you want a potentially faster place to download it. There's a single 9.7GB 7-zip archive or you can download it in 2GB chucks if that works better for you...
  6. B

One of two problems 1. Google maps freezes so you can't scroll, zoom or enter addresses. The quick app buttons do work though. I can unfreeze it by switching to any other app then back to Google maps. 2. The quick app buttons freeze. In this case the map works great I just can't change the view...
  7. B

I installed 1941 and it didn't fix any of the Android Auto issues. It feels a tad more responsive from 1880 but not enough to be worth the risk.
  8. B

Thanks, this is what I was trying to understand. I guess the press releases heavily implied there was a new SoC that had more cores. That would even be valid if they unlocked cores in the H58 but what you are saying is that an H56, H58, and H61 all have the same performance as long as you have...
  9. B

That's weird because I have a US 2022 Golf GTI with H58 and 1880
  10. B

What is the big difference with the h58 then? The US reviews for the 2022 used a european model and the lag was noticeable however on my 2022 h58 1880 I don't experience any lag except during startup.
  11. B

How can you tell the cpu is the same without seeing the markings on the chip?
  12. B

The 2022 Golf brings some palpable improvements. VW goes as far as to say the car is receiving a facelift this winter courtesy of a new System on Chip (SOC) with 25 percent more computing power and a graphics card with triple the performance of the old version. Thanks to the new hardware, VW...
  13. B

Any issues? I have MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)_3G0919360TG and I'm tempted to try it to fix my Android Auto issues.
  14. B

Question for everyone. Since the 1941 update came out what is the hesitation by getting the upgrade? Would you ever consider flashing it yourself?
  15. B

I know this is late, maybe you already brought it. So the lag was fixed in two ways Starting 2022 in the US and possibly elsewhere they used a new SoC (like CPU,memory, graphic in one) that has more cores and is a bit faster. These units are hardware version H58. For people with the older units...