GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Carbon Steel

1. Carbon Steel

'14 Camaro V6 (manual)-step up from a 2.5?

I'm definitely a Chevy man, two corvetts, 65 and a 67 and a 65 super sport, a few pickup trucks, my current Avalanche driven correctly, without all the smog gear back in the day the mileage could be 20-22 with a 327 300 hp v8. My experience is way dated, but the gti is a totally different...
  2. Carbon Steel

Would you trade for a e46 M3??

http://www.carthrottle.com/7-reasons-why-you-might-not-want-to-own-an-e46-m3-part-1/
  3. Carbon Steel

What're you gonna do with your tax refund?

Put the money in my granddaughters 529 college fund.
  4. Carbon Steel

Car Washing Issues

Life's a Bitch and then you Die:)
  5. Carbon Steel

From Reddit: aftermath of MkV GTI electrical fire

So what was the cause of the fire?
  6. Carbon Steel

I Cheated on the GTI... Shhh (Abarth Content)

Seriously, not in the same league, but a nice roller skate, and I am sure the sound will eventually wear on you. No thanks, but if fuel keeps going up, and my crash survival concerns go away, who knows.
  7. Carbon Steel

what do you pay for insurance

Too many variables to get any real meaningful information. First I would go to a mustang forum, then list all off the coverages and don't forget location, location, location.
  8. Carbon Steel

Good bye VW! But not for long.

What kind of mileage? or if you have to ask, forget about it. Beautiful car, good luck with it.
  9. Carbon Steel

Epic Lifted MkV.

Ready to run on the Beach, Outer Banks, OBX. NIce.
  10. Carbon Steel

Very hard decision

We all have to make choices, the posts above give you some comparison factors, but sometimes logic does not prevail and it comes down to what you like. Nice looking car, but there is no way if 16mpg's for normal driving, if this is a fact and i know nothing about the car, but you probably will...
  11. Carbon Steel

My job....

Likeurmom, Badass gun, in Nam we had an old DC 3, could bring pee on Charlie, at night it looked like lava flowing from the sky. 21 years in the Army, 20 years with the state police flying. i flew all kinds of missions airplanes and helicopters, medical flights one or two shifts a week, and had...
  12. Carbon Steel

Golf 6 Military Pers

Twenty one years in Army Aviation, retired long ago.
  13. Carbon Steel

sooooo, i fucked up..

I am not aware of the FL. statutes, but generally there is a lesser charge included, something like Driving Impaired. And some states have the no tolerance for < 21. My advice: Do what your college friends have advised: Definitely get an attorney 750.00 - 1500.00 dollars. If you are under...
  14. Carbon Steel

service members, chime in!

I wasn't Brown Boot but i got drafted in '65 first a 11B10, OCS 11B40, then 2lLT, then flight school and 21 years later i retired as an LTC. I flew airplanes and helicopters in about 10 different countries. Naturally my first overseas was Viet Nam in '68, years later i spent a year in Iran...