GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Charlie22911

1. Charlie22911

Nissan races a dodge....

LOL'd. I'd have loved to be riding shotgun for that.
  2. Charlie22911

Trading the GTI for an RS5

Thanks! I can assure you it is anything but clean right now though... Damn pollen is insane :(
  3. Charlie22911

Pardon the necro, lost track of my online presence after some positive life changes but I'm here to fulfill the promise of pics (click thumbnails) and provide an update! Rolled over 36K a few days ago while I'm here at school for some CompTIA certs at Norfolk. Car has been perfect, not a single...
  4. Charlie22911

:thumbsup: I am haha! I'll try and get pics up this weekend.
  5. Charlie22911

The RS5 has been around for a while, it was facelifted in 2013 which is when the U.S. got them. People also complain of the 2.0T and carbon buildup, I never once had an issue with mine. I'm not saying the potential isn't there, but Ive got a 100k mile warranty. If it has an issue I'll take it in.
  6. Charlie22911

I've been looking into this and I've not seen really any reports of this on the RS5 like I have the other V8 Audis. The only thing this motor shares with the motor in the S5 is the displacement and number of cylinders; it's a completely new engine based on the 5.2 V10.
  7. Charlie22911

I'll get some pics up, not in the next couple days or so though but soon.
  8. Charlie22911

And it's done, my adventures in the GTI have officially come to a close! First impressions... Holy damn.
  9. Charlie22911

That's before tax, I anticipate it being closer to 67-68k after tax tags etc. And this one is CPO to 100k miles, never had a CPO before so this warranty is pretty cool.
  10. Charlie22911

Almost 64k on the nose (59 and some change) before taxes etc, 23k miles. Car is loaded (minus the titanium package). Grey is pretty much my favorite color, nice and subtle. I was very close to keeping it, but decided against it.
  11. Charlie22911

I've never heard of this??? There is that and the fact that the M3/M4 gets a lot of attention (not really looking for that). The new face lifted TT looks pretty awesome too. I'm not sure how I feel about the instrument cluster but we'll see it works in real life. Also an update, put a...
  12. Charlie22911

I've looked at the C7 'vette and the M4 but I keep gravitating toward the RS5. The other cars are nice and faster around a track sure, but I'm drawn by that engine-drivetrain combo and interior; it's understated and doesn't command unwanted attention from the average joe and that's what I like...
  13. Charlie22911

I've been onboard for two years and gone through a 9 month deployment, I still say I've done worse haha. Update on the RS5 adventure, I've found another. 2013 just over 38k miles titanium package asking just over 50 grand. Seller informed me that it was in a low speed accident with a trailer...
  14. Charlie22911

That's the plan, I've got some ideas in mind :). Yeah it was crappy but I can't blame them from a business perspective, I've seen similar RS5s go for more with more miles on autotrader, the sales manager apparently jumped the gun with a number but they were ready to honor it until some other...
  15. Charlie22911

Well looks like I'll be keeping the GTI, as I was in the process of putting down a deposit over the phone (stuck on the ship on duty) someone bought it. Must have sold it for more than what I would have gotten it for. :mad: Guess it's back to hunting...