GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Charlotte.:R

1. Charlotte.:R

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

Doesn't help that prices have also doubled in a couple years. When we replaced our AC a few years ago, quotes were from $7500 -- $15,000. We went with the $7,500 option, then paid another $1500 or so to have someone fix all the crap they messed up on the install. I don't trust anyone in the...
  2. Charlotte.:R

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My wife went back 3 days in November. We had separate offices. I miss her. She was the best office mate I ever had. And not just because of afternoon delight. But that was a bonus lol
  3. Charlotte.:R

My company is just the opposite. Totally micro managed. 8:30 and 4:00 daily check ins, 15 minute daily project updates. Weekly Jira review. Time sheets down to 15 minute increments. Expectation is to be online and available from 8:30-5, with lunch from 12-1. Management needs notified of any...
  4. Charlotte.:R

This is my setup. First ~6 months I had an workout bench for a seat, and my computer on the pool table, which sucked. Now I have an actual desk setup which is exponentially more comfortable. We got to take our chairs when we cleaned out the office.
  5. Charlotte.:R

I definitely feel the same way sometime. M-F, the only really time I leave is to take my kid to school, a whopping 3 miles away. I mean, I walk ~5 miles around the neighborhood every morning, but it's not really getting out. I have a 12 mile commute, takes about 45 minutes, which would suck...
  6. Charlotte.:R

It's great isn't it? I loathe the 2 days a month I have to go into the office. They try and make it as painless as possible at least, in office hours are 9:30-4. I'd be looking for a new job if we had to go in more frequently, even if it paid less. Fortunately, being a subsidiary we have no...
  7. Charlotte.:R

Bump!! Who's still working from home? Friday 3/13/2020 we left for the weekend planning to WFH for 2 weeks. December 2020 my company decided to not renew our lease. We go into our parent company 2x a month and basically do nothing 🤣 Looking back, it's crazy how less productive we were in...
  8. Charlotte.:R

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

I should have gotten a bigger safe..... --said probably everyone
  9. Charlotte.:R

There is a fun show this weekend and I want to thin the heard a bit. Does $1200 sound reasonable for this, including the ammo? It’s a 29-3, not a super desirable version since it’s not pinned/recessed like -1 and -2, but it’s also old enough to have a hammer mounted firing pin, no internal lock...
  10. Charlotte.:R

DIY House Mods

Time and effort cost money. We supplied materials for our backsplash and labor was $500. Pretty nice to be done in a day
  11. Charlotte.:R

DIY House Mods

We used Floor and Decor when we did backsplash and bathrooms. Insurance claim, so no DIY.
  12. Charlotte.:R

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Since we're talking early sport trucks, how about the original? https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KDwdBZ2a/1991-gmc-syclone
  13. Charlotte.:R

I was like that for years. Variety is the spice of life. Now I feel like thinning the heard. I have guns -- looking at you S&W M29 -- that I don't ever think I'll shoot again and are just collecting dust. Feel like that could fund another hobby, but I don't know what that other hobby is...
  14. Charlotte.:R

If you like the hellcat, that is a start. The buy/try is fun, but not the most productive. What don't you like about your current carry gun that you want to upgrade? I've went through several over the years, but learned my most important considerations are weight and thickness. My G19 is a...