GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by chc29

1. C

Fuelly - Where are my mileage conscious people at?

When you say drop you mean getting better or worse? Is 295 miles @ 1 tick past half good or bad for you? I'm usually in the red at 295.... @ 12.5 gal so between 23-24 mpg... The dash usually say 25-26 mpg for my commute, so it's been consistently 2 mpg too high compared to hand calculations.
  2. C

Fuelly - Where are my mileage conscious people at?

I don't use fuelly but I pretty much calculate my mileage after every fill up. I'm usually around 23-24 mpg. One question I do have tho is when people describe their driving as 50/50 city/hwy or 30/70 city/hwy, is it by time or by miles? I have no idea how to describe my driving. My daily...
  3. C

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

For a car that's so well received, with people ordering it without even test driving it, I'm also wondering how they are letting them go for that cheap. I guess competition between dealerships is that great? but that would only make sense if the demand is there so that is why we both think the...
  4. C

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

The GTI is like the quietest car ever.. when I first got it I wondered if it was even turned on :iono: Maybe I just haven't experienced Royal Starship caliber cruisers? me too :iono:
  5. C

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

That seems like a lot of horses to the front wheels for a production car. Even if they're looking to unseat the Seat Leon Cupra 'Ring record (by whatever undisclosed margin) it still seems excessive. 360 hp vs 280 hp (of the Seat)?!
  6. C

For you payment shoppers out there...

coincidentally or not, I hate haircuts as well! :lol: The difference is, hair doesn't grow back to "needing a haircut status" over 1 weekend. You're right, I don't want to wash it. I wash it because it's dirty and I feel like "it's time."
  7. C

For you payment shoppers out there...

:iono: I wash my car maybe twice a season.. I don't get how people wash their cars every week or even every other week. I wash it on Saturday, it rains on Monday, and car is dirty again Tuesday morning. I always look to the forecast to determine if it's worth washing the car, and it's always...
  8. C

What was your oil change interval and did you burn any oil between changes? I bought my 2010 used and when I did my first oil change @ 10k interval I drained 5 quarts. The next oil change I switched to a 5k interval and used Motul 8100 and only drained 4 quarts. I've done 4 more oil changes @...
  9. C

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Not that I have to deal with this, but, hard to say no to their $4000 bags or rings when we're buying $25k car instead of an $8k car.
  10. C

This. If I can't sit comfortably in the backseat for more than a 5 minute ride, then I don't "fit" in it. Good thing I'm 5' 6", I fit in most cars!
  11. C

City cars

Well then it depends on when you eventually want to move away from the GTI. Depreciation is only an issue if you try and sell it. If you intend on selling it soon anyway (which relates to my original point, you're changing cars because you want to change cars), then hell yes sell now before you...
  12. C

City cars

IMO, I'd keep the GTI. Change cars because you want to change cars but moving to South Philly is not a proper reason to do it. Riding up and down 95 is still pretty fun and comfortable in the GTI to make it worth keeping. If you're saving $500 a month in expenses it doesn't seem like you're in...
  13. C

ECS hiring

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60139