GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by cldlhd

1. C

The Model 3 ruined my life

I know they're a real company and I'm not saying it is definitely propaganda but there are a lot of Fanboys who like to go around saying how once you drive a Tesla it ruins your life for everything else. It's pretty common on all kinds of car forums with other brands.
  2. C

The Model 3 ruined my life

If this is a real post and not just Tesla propaganda I say wait for a real car company to make electric cars , like VW with the MEB platform.
  3. C

Anybody furloughed?

So the "money's not real" ? So pay me a million.
  4. C

2019 Mazda3

I like the way it looks but the upswept rear door and the sloping roof seems like it would be a lot more claustrophobic in the back. The squared off roof line and bigger glass of the Golf gives better visibility and an airier feeling IMO.
  5. C

New Battery Promises One-Minute Charging

Well you actually have 220 volts coming into the house - two 110 lines= so as far as charging at home you would have 220 volts available.
  6. C

Tesla event tonight is Incredible.

Nothing wrong having a truck, especially ones that are actually used which it sounds like yours is. I drive a truck at work everyday. I'm referring to a subset who own a truck because of what they believe it says about them. I know guys who work at a local public works department who have...
  7. C

If I misconstrued I apologise but I was responding to the post where you were talking about supercars and why would " they" allow this performance. Maybe it's not meant this way by you but everytime I hear the term 'tree hugger' used it's meant to be derogatory . Usually it's by guys I know who...
  8. C

We're already there, cars have had cafe standards for years . There's always a worst case scenario but maybe electric cars are a way to forestall the dystopian vision as they are generally a lot cleaner. Autonomous cars are more likely to kill your fun as why let people drive and thousands die...
  9. C

Ya I hate trees. Would be much better to go back to the days when rivers caught on fire and our air quality rivaled Shanghais..... I get your point that things can be taken too far but if not wanting my kid to have asthma and being able to breath clean air and take him fishing without wearing a...
  10. C

Net Neutrality

I think it has more to do with the big money interests getting their way than with age. Their orange buddy most likely doesn't understand the subject . All they had to do is tell him this is what big business wants and, oh yeah, Obama was for net neutrality and he'll be against it.
  11. C

Socialized Medicine

I agree . Some people have different resting metabolisms. Two people could each sleep for 8 hours- no calories consumed and no exercise- and have vastly different calories burned. The NIH is having their budget slashed this year.
  12. C

Socialized Medicine

Beer is good for your soul and as one of my favorites, Ben Franklin, said it's proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
  13. C

Socialized Medicine

I'm not fat so not defending myself. Different people have different resting metabolisms. That's why as people get older if they eat the same that gain weight. I knew a guy who ate twice as much as anyone I ever knew and never weighed more than 150 lbs and he didn't work out.
  14. C

Socialized Medicine

What do you mean by "not profitable" ? Unhealthy people are very profitable for healthcare providers but not for health insurance companies. I'm not demonizing them but insurance companies make profits largely by trying to insure people who won't need their product. A lot of times in the US...
  15. C

Socialized Medicine

I agree to an extent but there are some people who eat healthy and are still overweight. There is a genetic factor so it might be difficult to come up with a calculation. Obviously smoking is another issue but for decades industry "experts" said smoking was harmless. Where's the line? I'm not a...