GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by f00kie1

1. F

Shit with Russia is getting real

Nope, only made it about 2 hrs east of Moscow once.
  2. F

Shit with Russia is getting real

I routinely (like every second week) spend a few days in Moscow on business. Word on the street is: certain Russian elite are making a ton of money off the currency right now. Also all electronics stores are empty (everything sold out) in anticipation of inflation. Car dealerships in certain...
  3. F

VW Beetle 0-60 in 2.1 seconds

911 is a 3 second car.
  4. F

VW Beetle 0-60 in 2.1 seconds

Earlier this year at the Chicago Auto Show, Volkswagen showed us its latest foray into motorsports, the Beetle GRC global rallycross machine. Now, the Beetle is officially making its public debut, and while it looks a little different, it's still packing one heck of a punch. Now, when the...
  5. F

Crazy skilled driving.

I just don't understand how this type of driving is possible, and this type of racing (150+ km/h with trees a meter away on each side) still sanctioned. I don't know what the crash/death rate is, but if it was high, I am sure this type of racing will disappear from the developed world, which is...
  6. F

Insane Golf 5 GTI Crash at Nurburgring

Don't turn off traction control and you'll generally be fine. What's amazing is that you can pass and be passed anywhere, without any signaling. It really is one of those autobahn-type deals that will sadly disappear at one point.
  7. F

I was on the track for 4 laps and saw 2 crashes... its very common and just a part of the track.
  8. F

These accidents happen hourly on the track... doubt they would all of a sudden.
  9. F

I've only been to one other track other than Nurburgring, so my experience is limited, but Nurburgring is like a crash-hole compared to likely anything we have in North America -- the guardrails are really only like 2-5 feet from the track. Which makes it that much more amazing.
  10. F

VW R400

In Canada we already do.
  11. F

2015 C-Class order guide

Eww. Looks the same as their new CLA (I think?). So terrible - I think the GTI indash design is best.
  12. F

VW R400

He's still active on this forum under a different username.
  13. F

Ski/Snowboarding Thread

Anybody ski/snowboard in Switzerland and have recommendations? I am taking an extra day on a layover in Zurich and looking to hit the Swiss alps. I will have a rental car, so anywhere within about 2-hr drive would be perfect. I know there's lots of mountains, but any particular one I should...
  14. F

Credit Card Skimmers Found at Gas Stations.

I am not sure why everyone is so afraid of fraud. US/Canada have zero cardholder liability laws (or policies?). My card number gets stolen about every 6 months, with amounts averaging $3,000 -- hasn't ever been a problem to get it back. Do what's easiest for you. Let the bank, that earns money...
  15. F

Mk7 on Canada Website

Nope, no camera.