GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ghostwalker

1. G

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

Haha well half with the older model - well spotted 😂 Do you have a case on your phone out of interest? I wonder if the problem affects those who don’t like the biggest phones because then it’ll have more room to move around in the tray. Myself and a friend have max sized phones and haven’t had...
  2. G

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

Well I‘ve found in nearly 6 months and 3500 miles, that with a 15 Pro Max, the charging is fine but you have to close the cover when you put it on the pad. Other than that, no issues. I suppose it could also relate to the size of the phone you use? Smaller phones may have more room to move...
  3. G

Mk8 Orders

It arrived today! 🥰 No time for pics yet as was busy doing a couple of local trips to gather initial impressions, and setting up the app. May go into Yorkshire tomorrow so pics will probably follow. Need to get it run in! The car had a driven delivery from Cambridgeshire, about 150 miles, so...
  4. G

Mk8 Orders

Thanks guys - I've decided to use the benefit of the keyless but get a good steering lock, and go with the faraday box setup when it's out on the drive. Hopefully that's enough! Also looking into GTECHNIQ C4 for the piano black - wonder how effective it'll be. Presumably it won't stop damage...
  5. G

Mk8 Orders

Update: delivery next week 🙏 Insurance all sorted. Couple of questions: what do people recommend in relation to keyless entry on this Golf? If you disable it through the car infotainment is it permanently and completely disabled? Any glitches/risks? Should the keys still be put in a faraday...
  6. G

Mk8 Orders

Meanwhile, a MK8 R PP crash in the UK today, possibly beyond repair 😩 Doesn’t look pretty from here at least 🫣 I mean, I don’t get it. These cars are now £50k with a wait up to 2 years for a new one, and there are only a few on the road due to the backlog, so why would you drive it so...
  7. G

Mk8 Orders

Soo an update. Well the good news is that documentation etc has been sorted and the car is somewhere on the way to the dealer to be inspected and registered, so delivery should be in around a fortnight, I’m told 😄 Again this is a 2021-22 car delivered in 2023. 17 months after I got my name on...
  8. G

Mk8 Orders

^^ All this talk of spare wheels got me thinking. Anyone have any idea if VW retailers will sell you a space saver? If not, is there any brand you’d recommend? Think it’s worthwhile just getting one and keeping it at home just in case. There’s hardly any under-floor storage in the R due to the...
  9. G

Mk8 Orders

@TJFused @Locky Congratulations guys, both look superb! Team deep black pearl! 😎 @Grace11 @ss701sh Great news! And I have similar news to share as I got an email yesterday saying it’s arriving at the dealer shortly and then it’s just a case of handover, so watch this space 🙌 I’d been...
  10. G

Mk8 Orders

^^More good news, thanks for posting @ss701sh Meanwhile, no update still. Phoned up today and the dealer is apparently still telling them it's on track to be delivered by (or before) month end, which I'm grateful to hear, but nothing more specific than that. As of next week, it will have been...
  11. G

Mk8 Orders

Oh I didn’t know that. I’ll keep on the lookout for the next few months given the lead times. Might be worth ordering sooner rather than later as I’ve gone for a 24 month deal. I’ve never had a GTI, though. In the UK I’m a firm believer in 4WD though rear-driven 911s and BMWs etc are epic as...
  12. G

Mk8 Orders

Just been told by the leasing provider to call up if I haven’t heard anything by Wednesday 10th 🙃 @C0TT1S ^^ That’s interesting. So does that mean there will be a clubsport in 8.5 as well? We probably need to order before next year the way things are going 😂 Interested to see what happens with...
  13. G

Mk8 Orders

Ah well I’ve just been told that my R along with “a number” of others are with VW for additional quality checks. I suspect this means that there is a potential manufacturing fault/potential recall issue that needs putting right before they’re put on a ship. I wonder if yours is also affected...
  14. G

Mk8 Orders

That‘s a lovely car and a lovely spec 😍 Hope you’ve been out and about in it already putting on plenty of miles in!
  15. G

Mk8 Orders

Many congratulations 🤝 Also, pictures please! :love: If yours was BW 13 it looks like it must have got the first boat out! My R was BW 8/9 ish and then got stuck in the Emden backlog in mid-March, but hoping for updates in the coming days as well! And needless to say, pictures will be posted...