GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by HugoGT

1. H

Mk8 Orders

Golf GTE, I’m guessing you ordered a GTD by your previous posts? I was told 3/4 weeks but who knows really! Fingers crossed anyway as it’s getting quite annoying at this point. I hope yours comes soon! And thanks Rayaans, I hope you’re happy with it, might wanna blur your plate though just so no...
  2. H

Mk8 Orders

I’m very much hoping things have improved! Nearly 21 months waiting so far so hopefully I’m near the end either way - just hoping it comes in time for existing car insurance not to need renewal!
  3. H

Mk8 Orders

Finally at Emden after a 3 week delay waiting for parts, anyone got any realistic idea on shipping times from this point on? I’m expecting 3-4 weeks now hopefully.
  4. H

Mk8 Orders

You’re entirely right there! I’ve also only seen about 3/4 of each too. I am indeed, the thing is our order was placed October 21! The reason I asked is our dealer seems to be under the impression it’s more performance spec cars that are taking ages, every time I see someone with positive...
  5. H

Mk8 Orders

You’re getting close 😂 But which car is it? I looked through your posts and I’ve still no idea what you’ve ordered! Tbh I think VW’s behaviour is appalling, the dealer has been great but VW Germany seems to frustrate even them. Unconfirmed BW 20 now but who really knows, if it stays that...
  6. H

Mk8 Orders

You and me both Pete! (Re status 10) I’ve had news from the dealer that we’re now looking at week 25 for our GTE (ordered Oct 21) but still unconfirmed. He also says all orders have been stopped for PHEV so that isn’t a good sign either! Good luck, keep us all posted. Hopefully we’ll both...
  7. H

Mk8 Orders

Although this hasn’t happened to us (to my knowledge anyway, dealer hasn’t contacted since early Jan) it does seem quite a common thing, to be honest at this point my advice to you is totally ignore any unconfirmed build date as I feel they’re nothing more than a placeholder. I hope you get your...
  8. H

Mk8 Orders

The sad thing is that it’s not a daft idea! If only I’d ordered earlier. I hope I am, I’m glad to know from another owner that the car lives up to its expectations as there as so few about I can only remember my very brief test drive which seems a lifetime ago!
  9. H

Mk8 Orders

Firstly welcome to the how long is a piece of string club lol If I’m honest I think the provisional dates are nothing more than placeholders. Our car has changed provisional date too many times to count, it’s been all over the place and different almost every time I’ve called the dealer (GTE...
  10. H

Mk8 Orders

It would seem as though the non performance Golfs are coming through at a reasonable pace now however I would be wary as if you have an unconfirmed build date it is still subject to change - ask your dealer as if it’s confirmed it shouldn’t move at all from now given it’s only in 2 weeks or so.
  11. H

Mk8 Orders

Hi all, I’ve been lurking this forum for quite some time as we ordered a GTE back in October 2021 (unconfirmed BW now 3 next year - this is after it being endlessly pushed back so fingers crossed) I’ve noticed there’s been less activity on here as late so hopefully some of you are finally...