GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by I-A

1. I

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Hi All - is this the latest hardware version? (The MIB 3 Unit) Thank you. In my Mk8 I have 5H0 035 816K HW56 - was this superceded by 5H0 035 820? 5H0035820P These come with SW 1940 and are HW version 61. It looks like 5H0035820S exists too. I'm trying to find out what the latest HW version is...
  2. I

Timing/Cam Belt Replacement

140,000 miles for the DGEA engine, VW service confirmed this to me.
  3. I

Buying my leased Mk8 MHEV 1.5 Style Golf

1969 is the latest software version, however I am not sure it has been officially rolled out. 1941 was the last official SW via OTA.
  4. I

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

Apparently it can get sorted irrespective of warranty status
  5. I

Sorry the poster said they had just heard, so thought there was a more recent article.
  6. I

Is there a news article regarding the CEOs embarrassment? Couldn't find one. Thank you
  7. I

Music on USBs

Is there a way to transfer the files from the usb to the infotainment device? Not sure if it has a hard drive.
  8. I

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

I'd be interested to know if the replacement steering wheel warranty is independent of the original car warranty.
  9. I

[23Mk8R] Rear Bumper

At a guess, it would involve the rear lights to be removed, then half of the screws on each wheel liner and the plastic trim connected to the very bottom of the bumper. Just going based on previous VAG cars.
  10. I

Emergency SOS Error

Hi Studen, Was that updated software on the SOS module or infotainment? Thank you
  11. I

ERROR code U154100 .... what is ?

Massimo strikes again - fountain of knowledge! I believe the part number is 5WA 035 284 A or 5WA 035 284 C. Any way to check if this has been superceded? @Massimo 2323
  12. I

MK 8 snow tires

Thank you, quite an improvement then! Are they still single pot pistons?
  13. I

New TPI's for the Travel Assist/Emergency Assist warning errors.

Turns out that a private user cannot get the PR numbers...this is the key bit of info we need really! How does you go about translating a PR number into a symptom number? (as the syptom number can be found within a VCDS scan). Thank you
  14. I

MK 8 snow tires

What is the brake configuration on a stock MK8 R? I know the MK8 GTI and GTE have the 340mm disc, same as the MK7 GTI PP, MK7 R, S3 8V, which 17s do work with.