GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Lewb

1. L

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

I asked this when I had mine changed in November. If Volkswagen changed the wheel for free there is no warranty on the wheel but if you paid ( I'm my case VW paid half and the garage I bought it from paid the other half) there is a two year warranty.
  2. L

Rear traffic alert error and manoeuvre breaking currently unavailable.

I'm out of the VW warranty now so not sure what to do. Have you tried to remove the errors with odbeleven? Is that possible?
  3. L

I have the same model as you then. Has it always happened to you? Have you took it back to VW?
  4. L

Does anyone know what causes the error for Rear traffic alert and manoeuvre breaking unavailable? I have done some testing and If I start the car by pressing the start button first and then press it again while also pressing the clutch to turn on the engine I never get this error but if I get...
  5. L

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Early days but I was getting constant parking manoeuvring and parking distance errors when starting the car every one in three times I turned the car on (if I turned the engine off they would go) And I haven't had one since installing the update over a week ago.
  6. L

I'm getting a new steering wheel tomorrow but since updating the firmware ota last weekend the bongs have been constant and every time I turn the wheel. It looks like others who have updated have had the bongs come back and even those who have had a new steering wheel. So what's the odds of me...
  7. L

Yeah both of them. Haven't installed the latest one yet though.
  8. L

I updated to 1941 yesterday and it's installed but today I have another update. Anyone know what this on is?
  9. L

Start/Stop not working.

Anyone know a reason why it wouldn't be working? It's activated in the menu but when it should be working I get the logo with a line through it. I have had the car for just under 3 months and I'm the second owner and I'm sure it was working when I first had it. Picture attached.
  10. L

Any idea what causes these parking issues? Could it be the steering wheel?
  11. L

When you was getting the travel assist error, was you also getting the parking/manoeuvring error too? Are they all linked to the steering wheel?
  12. L

I'm getting these parking control errors now. Is it the same thing as the travel assist errors where it's caused by the faulty steering wheel?
  13. L

Also I read somewhere that some VW dealers are not replacing the steering wheel now and just the module. So you think it's worth asking them to do that? I wonder if that will be significantly cheaper? I assume they would have suggested that to me today when I said I wasn't paying the £1500
  14. L

I did search around for steering wheels on the internet and could see a few for £300-£400 and I did mention to the VW garage is that an option but they said no because i would need to code it all in. My girlfriend's dad knows a lot and works on cars but not sure if he would be able to code it...
  15. L

This just started on mine. On the 8th September I started having this problem and my warranty was Up on the 18th of September. I called them on the 8th and booked in for the next available appointment which was yesterday 16th October. I asked if it would all be ok because the appointment was...