GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lightningjack

1. lightningjack

Paint or pinstripe...hear me out please

Some asshat opened their door into mine. Brought it into the shop, when they were putting the interior door panel back on, they used the wrong screw barely noticeable. Shop said he'd fix it, but didn't want to repaint, over a repaint. Worried about the quality. He's a legit guy. Family...
  2. lightningjack

Going back to school

There seem to be a good number of people on the forum working and going to school. I just enrolled to finish my degree and wanted some input. I originally registered for 12 credits. 12 credits cost the same as 16 so I threw in another 4 to get my money's worth. I'm in for a full 16 now...
  3. lightningjack

How old is everyone

4. lightningjack

MKVII to be built in Mexico

I've had 3 VW's. 2 GTI's. My first GTI was built in Mexico, and spent more time at the dealer than in my driveway. Every recall/TSB out there affected my car. It was an 02, and by the time I got rid of it, even the dealer joked it had more 03 parts in it than 02. My current GTI was built in...
  5. lightningjack

Wife got a speeding Ticket today.

I-684. No idea what the speed limit is but let's say 55mph. If you do less than 70, you'd be driven off the road. I've passed troopers on this particular highway at 80 and they don't look at you. At 70, you're 15mph over the limit and believe me, you are barely moving. Bronx River Parkway...