GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PanEuropean

1. PanEuropean

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

Except, the big problem with doing that is that the car will not know that it now has a new battery installed, nor will the car know what the characteristics of the new battery are. Even if you are swapping out one battery for the absolute EXACT same new battery, you need to recode so the...
  2. PanEuropean

Clarification request regarding Google Maps on gauge cluster/HUD

I wonder if what people were seeing on the gauge cluster and HUD was navigation instructions (and cartography) from the VW navigation system at the same time they had Google Maps displayed on the big display in the middle of the car? It is certainly possible to have a route active (and being...
  3. PanEuropean

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

Hello Pete: The battery is covered by the same warranty as that which applies to the rest of the vehicle. Warranty length varies by country - here in North America VW warranties are typically 4 years or 89,000 km (about 50,000 miles), with longer periods for some components such as the...
  4. PanEuropean

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

My dealer (in Canada) called me a few weeks ago to advise that there was a software update available for my 2024 Golf GTI, which was delivered new with software 1939 in the Information Electronics (5F) controller. I brought the car in last week, and when I picked it up it had software version...
  5. PanEuropean

Difference between Red & Chrome badges

I'm afraid I just don't understand European pricing. Last week of December 2023 I bought a new 2024 GTI 'Performance' specification car (basically, the fully loaded Canadian model, comes with leather, 19 inch wheels, HK sound, HUD, sunroof, adaptive cruise, folding mirrors, backup camera, 3...
  6. PanEuropean

I doubt that the difference in the colour of the GTI logo is indicative of any difference in specification of the rest of the car. It's not like 15 years ago when the vehicles had 'TDI' lettering on the rear, and the number of letters that were in red indicated horsepower differences of the...
  7. PanEuropean

If you want a red badge on your car, but the one you are looking at has a chrome badge, you can buy a red badge from the parts department and then install it in place of the existing chrome badge. If you look closely, you will see that the portion of the grill that the badge is mounted on is...
  8. PanEuropean

New 2024 GTI: Change Oil At 500 Miles?

@Bibi_Travels : I disagree with you - your comment has no basis in fact. VW wants that engine to last a long time simply because they warrant it for a long time (5 years / 100,000 km powertrain warranty in Canada, plus an emissions warranty that runs even longer than that and covers certain...
  9. PanEuropean

Medium Wave on infotainment system in 2023 mk8

Hello Folks: A forum member from Europe who is posting on VWVortex.com wants to know if it is possible to either enable or retrofit AM radio reception (what I think is being called "medium wave" in this discussion) to his European spec car. I've referred him to this discussion here on...
  10. PanEuropean

Light Bar. Can it change colour?

I suspect you imagined the blue colour (more precisely, perhaps it was caused by the effect of other ambient lighting near the car). To the best of my knowledge, the front light bar (between the headlights) is only capable of displaying white. This is likely because laws governing vehicle...
  11. PanEuropean

Replacement Key Question

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it is extraordinarily expensive to replace a lost key. It can only be done at a VW dealer. There will be a delay of perhaps one or two weeks after the dealer orders the new key from VW. The new key has to be custom-cut (referring to the little...
  12. PanEuropean

2024 MK8 GTI S rattle diagnosis help

It might also be as simple as a plastic bag or some other piece of debris that has caught on the bottom of the car. If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they might investigate and solve the problem free of charge if it is caused by a foreign object rather than a loose part on the...
  13. PanEuropean

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I think it will solve your problems. My car came from the factory with 1939 in it (it's a North American car) and it has been trouble-free.
  14. PanEuropean

What did you do to your mk8 today.

I put $30 of gas in it... does that count for this discussion? :)
  15. PanEuropean

golf 8 airbag error

Hello @Apomania , and welcome to the forum community. If the employees at the VW service facility say that the controller needs to be replaced, I recommend that you let them replace it. When VW technicians do the investigation to determine what is causing a problem, they do not use their own...