GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Paul_W

1. P

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Encountered my first software glitch the other day. Started the car and the screen never got further than "Loading settings". After a few minutes I rebooted by the usual method of holding the power button which sorted it
  2. P

Headlight alignment - too low?

At least I'm not the only one. It did seem a little odd that the car had gone through an MOT a couple of months before I purchased it. I guess it comes down to the competence of the individual test centre
  3. P

Ahh sound like I just have discover media then. Voice activation appears to be enabled, not that I really use it. I had it on my last car but just used CarPlay most the time anyway.
  4. P

I think those dates are a bit out. My previous mk7 was first registered in September 2015
  5. P

No, it’s a mk8. First registered December 2020
  6. P

I had 1941 come through OTA at the weekend. I set it installing when I arrived at work this morning. Everything went smoothly so I think it’s finally up to date. I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference though lol This might be an odd question but does my car has discover or pro nav? It’s a 2020...
  7. P

The VW maps don't seem too great around here. I installed the latest version last week and it's still showing a pub around the corner from my house as being there. It actually closed down about a decade ago and is now a shop
  8. P

These updates keep coming through thick and fast. Another 2 available today. I guess the previous owner never bothered to update it.
  9. P

No, I turned it all off and locked it. It seemed to work anyway
  10. P

Yeah, the infotainment. In the end I just got home from work, pressed update and got out and locked it as normal. When I got in again later it said update completed. The software version has only increased from 1896 to 1899 though.
  11. P

My system has an update downloaded and ready to install. It’s saying to turn the engine off and get out of the car while it updates. I take it I can lock the car while it’s updating?
  12. P

As I understand OTA map updates are only available with a we connect plus subscription. I left the USB plugged in while driving and it has now changed from 19.7 to 23.6. Doesn’t seem the best software/ui design to have it update without any visual indication that anything is happening/completed
  13. P

Has anyone got any ideas what I’m doing wrong in regards to updating my maps? I’ve downloaded the maps from the vw uk site onto a the route directory of a SanDisk 128gb flash drive which is formatted in exfat. According to the instructions you plug the drive into the car and it should update...
  14. P

I’ve had the notification about a bigger update come through now. Haven’t installed either yet. I see it says do not start engine during update. Presumably that means it’s ok to start the update while the engine is already running? (And disabling start/stop?) Sounds like a precaution against the...
  15. P

Yeah I’m in the UK. I took that picture when I’d just got the car home but hadn’t set anything up yet so it was still in guest mode. I’ve since got it all configured and am now being offered what I think is a small update that is required before the larger ones Good point about the maps. I tend...