GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Sniffer

1. S

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I swapped my 2021 Mk 8 Golf GTI for a new one last month and it was delivered with the 1969 software version installed. The 2021 trade in had been updated to 1941 at the dealership in January.
  2. S

Infotainment system rebooting

Re my post at #10, above, I thought readers might appreciate an update. As I suspected would happen my dealers have failed to resolve my crashing Infotainment screen issue and a replacement control unit is now on order from VW. I'm told that two other customers at the dealership are ahead of me...
  3. S

Infotainment system rebooting

Last month my Infotainment system crashed and rebooted about 20 times over a 4 mile journey. In fact, it never really got going at all throughout the whole trip. Oddly, it worked perfectly on the return leg about an hour later! Fortunately, I was able to produce video evidence so the...
  4. S

Heated Steering Wheel

The automatic steering wheel heating can be switched on or off within the CLIMA settings.
  5. S

Travel asist & emergeny asist fail

I had the same problems and a new steering wheel did the trick. There are several sensors located in the wheel. This defect must be costing VW a small fortune to remedy, as I noticed on the dealer's paperwork that the cost of the part alone is £860!
  6. S

Anti-theft Alarm would not turn off - Golf 8 e-Hybrid

Yes, it was probably around 5 mins in total, as I spent around 2 or 3 minutes trying to figure out what had activated the alarm and trying to stop it screeching, while the car was stationary. But, it hadn't been opened with the wrong key or, indeed, any key at all, when the alarm first...
  7. S

Anti-theft Alarm would not turn off - Golf 8 e-Hybrid

I had the same problem about a month ago with my MK8 GTI. I was standing chatting to a friend, approx 25 yds away from my car, when the alarm started wailing for no apparent reason. There wasn't another soul near the car. I couldn't switch it off, no matter what I did, and it was still wailing...
  8. S

Is this the latest software?

My Mk 8 GTI was delivered in May 2021 with the 1788 version of software, then updated a few months later to 1803. Last week it was updated at the dealership to the latest 1890 version. This latest update is designed to fix a common problem with the road sign recognition/adaptive cruise control...
  9. S

A/C controls freeze

I experienced exactly the same problem on my GTI a few days ago. I tried to adjust the ac temperature settings and absolutely nothing would change. I even tried doing a soft reset on the Infotainment system but that didn't help at all, so I switched off the ignition, left the car for a couple...
  10. S

Emergency SOS Error

Take a picture of the red light and show it to your dealer, if it's unlikely to show when you take it in. If it's red, it's not working properly and needs replaced immediately.
  11. S

Emergency SOS Error

Does the colour of the light on the SOS Unit, above the rear view mirror, change from green to red when you get the error message? If so, you will probably need the SOS module replaced. VW had to replace all of these SOS units on the first batch of Golfs manufactured prior to June 2020. Those...
  12. S

Software Update

And, for comparison, here is a vehicle fitted with the 820D Unit and 1788 Software.
  13. S

Software Update

The current Software version is actually 1788 but it isn't possible to install this version in the previous Infotainment Device, which has the suffix B. If you go into Settings on your Infotainment system menu, you will be able to identify what type of Device and Software version are installed...
  14. S

Losing data connection

I am afraid not. But I've found that, if my phone hasn't connected first time, that opening and closing the driver's door will do the trick. Strange but true!
  15. S

Losing data connection

Yes, in just a few days, I have noticed a significant difference after upgrading from 1664 to 1668. The system is significantly more stable, as you say, Handydave. The central locking problem in my car (sometimes the sensors worked, sometimes they didn't) has also been cured but that involved a...