GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by spessx

1. S

I test drove a Cayman S today

I know a car that's had a hard life when I see it.
  2. S

I've got quite a few track events on the S2000 and none on the GTI so I can't really compare the two. The S2000 is a real hoot on the track though.
  3. S

My Mk6 GTI is my daily driver. I've had an '01 S2000 for almost 11 years. It's not a daily driver and is mostly used for fun. Every once in a while I get the urge to sell the S2000 and buy a used Cayman. I think the Caymans are great looking cars and will probably be a future collectible...
  4. S

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Golf R Discussion Thread

They're pretty strong cars. I see a few running every time I go to the track. I can usually hang onto them in the more technical part of the tracks. If they can drive the car at 7/10ths + or it's on the straights - forget about it.
  5. S

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/14/2015-volkswagen-golf-r-detroit-2014/
  6. S

I'm honestly interested in what people would choose between these two cars. As for myself, I don't know what I'd do. I'd have to see and drive them both. Our options for cool cars are getting better every year.
  7. S

I'm asking which others would choose. Not how I should make a decision. I most likely won't be buying either.
  8. S

It wouldn't make sense for me to sell it now. I couldn't really get much for it and there's not anything I can replace it with that would be better for the money. Maybe it'll be a classic. -s
  9. S

Thanks! I'm interested in what everyone else would get. Not me.
  10. S

My daily driver is actually a 2010 GTI.
  11. S

Yes, I've got a 2001 S2000 that I bought CPO from Honda in 2003. It's the Honda racing colors (white w/red) and has the factory aluminum hard top. I've got the grey CR wheels on it too. It's been a fun little car. Tons of abuse and track days with zero issues. I'd have to save up for the R!
  12. S

In the previous model years these cars have been in a similar pricing category: $35-$38k. Assuming that doesn't change for the 2015 model year, which car would you choose and why? Again, this is which car would YOU choose - not which car should I choose. -s **get's some popcorn**
  13. S

The official Hate thread.

Ignorant comes in all races. Sorry that you had to deal with that. I haven't experienced anything like that in a while. People rarely seem to hate in person anymore because it's much safer to do it on the internet. The closest thing I can think of is the guy who details my cars. He's a...
  14. S

Next gen GTI to come with 240hp/260 ft-lb stock?

Did anyone else actually read the article? To me it looks like a great list of improvements: -220 lbs less weight for the GTI -230-240hp/260 ft lbs - this means the clutch upgrade will have to be done at the factory instead of by me! -a real mechanical LSD -better weight distribution (the...