GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SwiftGTI

1. SwiftGTI

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

LOL my bad, I only read the first page and wish I hadn't. :o
  2. SwiftGTI

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

Just curious, why get rid of the MK7 R? Also did you consider the GT350? Not that you can really go wrong with a 415 hp V8 RWD sedan :) Congrats.
  3. SwiftGTI

Looking for opinions from previous STI owners...

From what I understand, the transmission issues on the Evo were overblown, even for the 6MT's. Unless you were repeatedly launching the car hard or putting serious heat into the transmission at the track (e.g., extended 4th gear pulls), they generally did ok. That said I've only owned an STI...
  4. SwiftGTI

Looking for opinions from previous STI owners...

GD and GR are just chassis codes for the STI. GD = 04-07 sedan GR = 08-13 hatch I had an 09 STI hatch. Fun car, but if I was looking for an AWD sedan, I'd go with an Evo 9 or X since it's a better drive (quicker steering, less understeer and body roll, more chassis feedback, robust engine)...
  5. SwiftGTI

The Next Car Swap

Haha I've always been decent at these logic games.
  6. SwiftGTI

The Next Car Swap

- When Albert says he knows Bernard knows, that eliminates May and June. - When Bernard says he didn't know at first, but now knows, that eliminates "14" since there is no May 14 or June 14. - When Albert says he knows at the end, that means it has to be July 16 since there are still two...
  7. SwiftGTI

The Next Car Swap

July 16?
  8. SwiftGTI

A few pics of the new S3

Great color choice, looks sharp.
  9. SwiftGTI

Poll: Pocket Rocket War (300+ HP Club)

Subaru STI also part of the club. Lots of good choices, but I'd probably go with the M235i. RWD, handles well, great engine, good size, and priced about right for what you get. At first I didn't like the looks that much, but someone at my work bought one and it definitely looks better in...
  10. SwiftGTI

$40k stock Acura Integra Type R

Hah then it's all good, I like em both. :laugh:
  11. SwiftGTI

The Next Car Swap

I wouldn't worry too much about knock. The latest generation of Subie FA/FB engines are supposed to have really good knock detection/safeguards, at least compared with the old EJ25's. Does the powerband feel pretty linear stock, or is there a specific RPM where you feel it kick in?
  12. SwiftGTI

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

Nice, reminds me of my old 350z. Looks pretty well maintained. Track pack wheels and factory brembos = money. Just make sure you can find a good/comfortable seating position when you test-drive. Can be hit or miss because of the non-telescoping wheel.
  13. SwiftGTI

I actually don't have anything to prove. Facts are facts, they speak for themselves. I've also owned Integras, RSX's, and other cars so I'm aware from experience how they compare to the FR-S. This all started because I said the FR-S is the modern-day RWD ITR. People seemed to take issue...
  14. SwiftGTI

I can tell you right now, the K24 engine in the SI feels nothing like the b18c1 (or b18c5) from the Integras. The K24 produces a ton more low-end torque and the VTEC changeover is nowhere near as noticeable. The current Civic SI chassis also feels very different from the old DC2 chassis...
  15. SwiftGTI

Size, weight, driving feel, driving position, acceleration, power delivery, chassis balance, lap times. Probably the biggest difference is the ITR has all of its sound deadening stripped out, but the two cars were designed for similar purposes. The ITR was actually one of the cars...