GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by timneedscoffee10

1. timneedscoffee10

Anyone accidentally run into someone famous?

Just me and Billy Dee. He sat next to me at the bar in the Ottawa airport and ordered a grilled cheese sandwich. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. timneedscoffee10

People with Children

So much this. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. timneedscoffee10

The patch...

Quitting this time around ha actually been really easy so far... I don't even really think about it. I'd only been smoking again since the holidays, so apparently not long enough to form any lasting triggers around it. Might step down to the smaller patch at the end of the week and see how I do...
  4. timneedscoffee10

a nice little GTi hoodie

I'm not an expert... looks like there may be a strange artifact on the front of the MK4 where the grille is showing through the front bumper? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. timneedscoffee10

a nice little GTi hoodie

I like the concept - but agree it is a little cluttered. I'd keep the sleeves simple - like shown, not like the Nissan one - and wonder if it could do without all the text on the back? But I kind of like it :). Might put this on the wife's list of acceptable things to buy me
  6. timneedscoffee10

The patch...

Haha ... the dreams are my favorite part :). I used the patch successfully last time. It only works for like 20% of the people who use it, but it made it pretty easy for me in the past
  7. timneedscoffee10

The patch...

Quitting smoking today. I was successful 7 years ago, and just picked it up again over the holidays during some *very* stressful family times. Patch went on at 3:14 on 3/14/15! How are you celebrating pi day :)?
  8. timneedscoffee10

help with a car crew name

"Lone Star" doesn't really translate to german, but one star auto club would be: Ein-Sterne-Auto Not much ring to it -- but a play on the state and "german"... not so douchey.
  9. timneedscoffee10

$1,000 for new hot water heater installed?

Fortunately, it turns out they were lying sacks of shit and my hot water heater is fine. It was not a tank leak, it was condensation from the super high humidity after my flood. Woke up this morning to scalding hot water - which was a surprise! My pilot had gone out every couple of hours...
  10. timneedscoffee10

Yeah ... shopping around at the couple local plumbing supplies - there's not a whole lot of features on a natural gas burner. There's some fancy looking electric and hybrid ones - but I'm strongly leaning towards the natural gas. So my only real options are (1) warranty length and (2) tank or...
  11. timneedscoffee10

Yeah - the 6 year was my first concern, but it's the only model this firm stocks + resells. I have not asked what their costs would be if I supplied my own water heater, will ask that first thing tomorrow.
  12. timneedscoffee10

I would very much rather DIY, and am "okay" with plumbing work -- but I'm working 80-90 hour weeks right now, and don't have the bandwidth to take a half day off (or a truck to get it to my house for that matter). Also, since I currently have no hot water, putting it off to the weekend is not an...
  13. timneedscoffee10

So my water heater is shot... A basement flood took it out, and I've had to relight the pilot 6 times in two days. My local plumbing/hvac place explained there's a leak in the tank and it's dripping right on the burner. They even showed me the drip. I think it's wet insulation - but this tank...
  14. timneedscoffee10

ROAD RAGE

*phew*. Expected to return to this thread after almost a full day and see a slew of comments about me driving like a dick, and being an ass. Haha... thanks for the moral support, OT people. I have to drive from NYC to Boston tomorrow after work... rest assured, I'll be the slow, care free guy...
  15. timneedscoffee10

ROAD RAGE

Leading up to this, too, it was just one car after the next of drivers who don't pay attention to their speed at all... So they pass you, and then slow down in front of you, and then match your speed as you try to pass them again... I had my cruise control on, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't me :)...