GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by waffleman

1. waffleman

High Gas prices

Yeah, I think a good part of it is that 50% of my driving is on country roads. The other 50% is suburban driving - decent amount of lights, but nowhere what you'd get in the city.
  2. waffleman

High Gas prices

You already pay something different. It costs $40-50 to fill up a GTI. It costs $100-150 to fill up a H3. I last reset my MPG calculater on my GTI the first week of December. I'm averaging 32.6 MPG. Not too shabby given I often floor it at red lights.
  3. waffleman

Which Chip should I buy?

Fries originate from Belgium. The French have a number of joke books about Belgian and their fries. True Belgian fries are fried twice with a 30 minute rest period in between, and come out perfectly crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. They are eaten with mayo - but not the garbage...
  4. waffleman

Which Chip should I buy?

I'll pass on the chips. Give me some good authentic Belgian fries anyday.
  5. waffleman

What was your last car?

There's already 5 pages on this topic http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2746
  6. waffleman

What was your last car?

I'm coming from a Ford Freestyle - transmission died at 59K, and of course, the warranty was out. GTI has alot less room, but a whole lot more fun. GTI is better than my 2000 Pontiac GTP - and that one was a blast to drive.