GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LT Motorsports (Treadstone) FMIC Review

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
and... you can fit some yellow cubes on those hoses too...

Attachments

• IMG_5150.jpg
    IMG_5150.jpg
    921 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 301

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
now that is unique, very cool first i have ever seen something like this, is there also something green near the badge or is that some sorta reflection?

just a reflection.. i just saw that green for the first time right now too.. since that pic i straightened out the fogs a bit, one was pointing lower then. switch is my coin holder cubby box hidden.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
In the Florida brutal summer I wrote down IATs before and after installing this intercooler every day when I went to lunch using the highs and lows on the access-port, registered after driving around 15 minutes grabbing my lunch and turning turning back to work with the AC on, the ambient with the stock intercooler used to creep to the mid 160s and the lowest I saw on over 20 lbs of boost coming back was 134 degrees but mostly around 140, after the install with similar ambient (100 degrees) after driving 15 minutes the IATs went to low150s so a difference about 12 degrees constantly when park after a 15 minutes drive, that tells me that not being sandwiched the iats will be lowered when you run the car back on, I saw IATs getting to 115s at boost, again this is with ambient reading between 100 and 102s. In the other hand after my commute in the afternoon the lowest IATs were around 19 over ambient. Overall it’s been between 15 to 25 better than the stock, might not be the best but I take it, bot needing to take the whole front apart I can take not being as efficient, btw I didn’t have any issues on the install whatsoever, maybe this was done on a Monday. I will say this is a great intercooler for a stage 2 and even an is38, but if you are looking for over 400 hp you should get a better option.

appreciate you taking good notes and sharing. thanks. that's not that good..... I was contemplating swapping my shite neuspeed FMIC for this but not going to now.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
In the Florida brutal summer I wrote down IATs before and after installing this intercooler every day when I went to lunch using the highs and lows on the access-port, registered after driving around 15 minutes grabbing my lunch and turning turning back to work with the AC on,

IAT from the vehicle sensor is only useful when the engine has been producing boost for sufficient time to lower the sensor reading close to what the charge air temperature is. Aside from IAT being relatively unimportant out of boost, the driving conditions have a significant affect on what the IAT sensor reads. Just stick to on boost toward the end of the pull when comparing or referring to IAT performance of an IC.