GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
26ABD7C0-7455-4610-8E18-06D88B075073.jpeg

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Got some rivet nuts for my wanna be tyrol sport brace. I needed the install tool and I found a Jeep guy on FB that had one I could borrow. Did a couple practice runs and then proceeded to drill giant holes by the seat latches. First one was perfect, no problems. Second one no such luck, it pulled crooked. Probably user error but it's hard to get any stank on that tool back there lol. So then I drilled it out and slapped another one in there. I couldn't find an access hole to pull the old one out...😐
Pull the foam out of the trunk space. You'll see it

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
i had to fish one of those out with a magnet. or if you're less patient try a shop vac.

I pulled the carpet out, I can see it right there in the corner beneath where the bar is bolted. I think it might be too big to fall down or go out the bottom. Hmmm since it's compressed that part is quite wide, over 1/2".

Edit: I just enlarged the hole in the top that was already there. I got it out just now.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I pulled the carpet out, I can see it right there in the corner beneath where the bar is bolted. I think it might be too big to fall down or go out the bottom. Hmmm since it's compressed that part is quite wide, over 1/2".

Edit: I just enlarged the hole in the top that was already there. I got it out just now.
20200906_123629.jpg

Sounds like it should drop right here if you can break it free from where it is stuck....

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Finally got my new shift boot and weighted knob installed!! WOO-HOO!!

It's Fast approved.

Did not break any clips like others have ran into, and this boot from BFI in alcantara seemed to be similar thickness to the factory leather. I will say install was a PITA, I had a plan to reuse the factory staples but didn't work out. The adhesive tape they give you is not long enough to cover the whole ring which I didn't realize until halfway through so I have a weird gap or two. The boot also seems too big, it's all bunched up and if I slide the knob down further for a shorter throw it's really noticeable. This is about middle height and looks ok but see how it feels.

Overall, it looks awesome and I am glad I found it on ECS, the blue stitching matches the gauge needles.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Hows your quarantine going?
Wasn't too bad man, except I had nothing to work on car related. I ordered some suspension parts but they git backorder. So, I was left to work on the house as my wife had some things "she" needed to get done.
As for the RONA, wasnt bad at all. I've actually had hangovers that were far more severe. Everyone here has come back from the brink of death to live happy productive lives. :)

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Picking it up tomorrow from the paint shop :love:

Welcome to the painted car club. Love the uniqueness. I sometimes have regrets painting mine Suzuka Grey because everyone just says "it just looks white" - unless of course it's parked next to an actually white car. I was tempted to do "chalk" or "carrera white metallic" which are Porsche colors as well, but decided on Suzuka.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I came ^^^^^