GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

those who have the R600 intake

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Just installed the intake and have a question regarding the top cover:

there is a screw on each side for the radiator mount. I sort of just ignored the screws because I followed hte Racingline instruction and it didnt mention putting the supplied T20 screws on each side after the top cover was installed. But watching the ShopDAP video shows the installer tucked the tap underneath the radiator mount?

Then there is a comment on the ShopDAP video to lay the cover tap on top and install the screw...

so what is the way it is supposed to be?
Thanks!

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I think I went underneath, but I have an R so I dunno if it's different.

If it's on top there's nothing for the screw to grab onto, right?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yup, I went below.

1609189028721.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Another for 'went below' here.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
I think I went underneath, but I have an R so I dunno if it's different.

If it's on top there's nothing for the screw to grab onto, right?
Well I ended up putting it on top. then the screw go through the cover's tap, radiator mount (metal) then the base of intake.
This is the only way I can get the screw to go through all 3 layers of material.

Initially I tried to do it like you guys put everything "below" the radiator mount and the holes just don't line up.
Also if you look from the side there is a space/gap when u put the base and cover together, which makes me believe it is intended to sandwich the radiator mount. :|

My OCD side is killing me because I have seen mixed comments online. I will try to take a pic tomorrow. Probably much better than way I describe it with words.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Here are the reinstalled pics, notice the gap between the top lid and the radiator mount and base of intake. Also I think I was using the long screw provided instead of the OEM screw as suggested by racingljne website. I may not mess with it until next time I service the filter since is a hassle opening and closing the cover with all those T20 screws.

Let me know what u all think thanks.
714555CD-2C04-4E49-AAF4-7ECFC6C0BB72.jpeg
E5088305-4584-4CA8-841B-E6DC6F463F23.jpeg
EB11C8E9-7808-425F-9BDD-D995A8EC2506.jpeg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Below as well, but I will say I have to come in at an angle with the second screw(i.e. whichever radiator mount screw I decide to put in last) to make it work
BTW - R as well if it makes a difference

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Thanks for the replies. Seems like all of who replied going “under” are R owners.

don’t think it matters too much now. Appreciate the quick responses as always

Reactions: MSH

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
did you try emailing racingline and ask for their opinion?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I have a GTI and went below, also used the long t20 screws. I feel like it looks better that way and the top cover of the intake seems to fit better that way. However I have seen youtube videos before of others who installed it above like you and seems to work fine.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
FB msg’ed Racingline. Will update everyone if and what they say.

Got Racingline response on whether having the tab on top of radiator mount is correct

Sorry for the delay, this is the correct way of fitting the intake, the changes in the instruction are just from where we have had slight tab revisions to fit different cars.

sounds like they made slight update to the lid of the intake

scrllock

Autocross Champion
1692932347262.png

Bumping this. My lid doesn't have any ears or tabs on the upper half, and the bottom doesn't line up with the passenger side of the radiator cover.

It's also an R, fwiw.