GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to sell Mk7 with a stage 1 tune

flyrchris

Car(s)
GTI mk 7
I have inherited a newer car so sadly I must let go of my 2016 MK7 GTI. I had a Stage 1 APR tune put on it in 2019 and am just curious, would it be better to find some VW enthusiast who can continue to tweak the car as they see fit, or just sell it to Carvana and not mention the tune, or mention the tune and take what they give? I have never sold a car that has been modified. Any suggestions? Thanks.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Still under warranty? If out of warranty by years or miles then kind of moot. If still in warranty then you need to tell them. An alert buyer should ask .

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Me personally I would try to sell to a VW enthusiast - that way it goes to someone that will have an idea of just what they are buying. Saying nothing and trading it in means any random person will buy it, and that can be either a good or bad experience. Mentioning the tune will mean they offer less, and that isnt really fair. We all know even a stage 1 GTI is a quick car and is a shocking experience to someone that is used to ordinary cars. - Keep that in mind because people that are used to driving ordinary vehicles may not be able to handle even Stage 1 power on this platform. the smart move is to sell to an enthusiast, or for the sake of being safe if you sell to Carvana, just remove the tune.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I'd try and sell it privately and be transparent the car is tuned. Unless your in a hurry selling privately is almost always financially beneficial.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just sell it. Leave a sticky note in the glove box/owner's manual with a quick explanation with info on the tune. If you sell it outright, just let the buyer know. It's a stage 1 tune on a 2016, at this point removing it is a waste.