GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Epic fail on wrapping the DP....with the bracket and O2 bung...looked like crap with all the clamps needed. Plus, the 4" trackslag bend didn't want to work with me. Oh well.

On good note....successfully installed the autotech internals to my hpfp, installed the tune to account for it and ran her around the block a few times......running good and no hiccups/leaks....score!
IF... you can and have time. I have seen a few turbo housing/headers and downpipes coated with Swain White Lighting , I can tell you that it is UGLY! Its like a less aggressive crinkle finish in white, but that sucker keeps that heat in. I seen techs touching the downpipe 15-20 minutes after a run on the dyno. I haven't dealt with it in over a decade, so I am not sure if it is still the same, but worth a look. There are a few other ceramic coatings in the industry that work almost as good, but I have been out so long that I can't remember them. They are thick coatings, not like Cerakote. Cerakote is awesome at protecting and making crap look great.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Glad I took my time putting these sides skirts on.

Definitely needed my wife to help hold them in place to get the right pilot holes.

It’s a subtle change, but I love the way it almost sits out as flush with the wheels.
IMG_5721.jpeg
IMG_5723.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Sooooo looks like my buddy can’t remove my DP for me tomorrow….. I’m attempting solo for the first time 😬

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
It’s not too bad doing the DP on your own

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So, my buddy got back with me last night, and I opted to take it to him at the dealership to work on. I am really glad I did. Getting the downpipe out was easy.

Trackslag adapter had to be sawzall’d, o2 sensor and DP bracket gave us issues. That 4 post lift was key.

IMG_5736.jpeg
IMG_5735.jpeg
IMG_5734.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
holy pretty-clean undercarriage

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion