GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Coilovers Would Work in My Situation?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
First things first:
My car is a mk7 GTI S, running Koni Yellows with Neuspeed Sport springs. Car is about 1 inch lowered compared to stock. Used as a daily. I'm satisfied with the ride quality, it being stiff and all. No ragrets.

I am looking for adjustability, primarily being able to return ride height back to stock about once a month for taking trips over shitty roads.

In summary: I want coilovers with a 1 inch drop capability, relatively easy adjustability on jack stands if needed, ride quality can be relatively stiff compared to what I have now. If by some chance the coilovers allow for a ride height slightly higher than stock -- even better.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
While living in the US my GTI was on B16 (middle ride height of the Bilstein recommended range). Right before we left the states I raised it by about 1inch (didn’t check if it was out of Bilsteins range) for the whole vehicle shipping process. It’s doable, used a jack and adjusted corner after corner. Once the thread is dirtier it might turn into a pain. B14 should work as well since they use the same springs.
IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0281.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The issue you will have here is this isn't a quick process (to adjust to stock) and most coilers do not allow stock ride height meaning at full height they will be lower than stock plus they usually have an intended range of adjustment and when above/below to ride quality will suffer. Finally, your alignment will be out every time causing possible uneven tire wear.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The issue you will have here is this isn't a quick process (to adjust to stock) and most coilers do not allow stock ride height meaning at full height they will be lower than stock plus they usually have an intended range of adjustment and when above/below to ride quality will suffer. Finally, your alignment will be out every time causing possible uneven tire wear.
I appreciate the heads up.