GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 8 R-Line Queries

Kevinnc99

Hi Everyone, I recently just bought a 2021 Mk8 R-Line. So far I love the car, its beautiful to drive. However, I have been watching some videos online of features other cars have that I'm not sure I have. I upgraded from a 2012 Golf so this car is pretty new to me. The questions I have are;

1. Do all Mk 8 Golfs come with parking assist standard? I can't seem to find where to activate it in the assist section...

2. Are there infotainment updates that update the climate control? I only have one page of settings 'Air Conditioning' and I have seen others who have 3 pages of settings for climate

3. I don't seem to have folding mirrors. Is this an add on when the car was first released? I am second owner

Thanks guys!

Kevin

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I see you are from Ireland and the spec of VW’s cars can vary from country to country (and vary by trim level across the Golf model range). Some of those videos you’ve seen might have been non-Irish spec cars and / or non R-Line trim levels, hence the difference in features between your car and the cars in the videos. Also, it’s not unusual for cars that feature in videos to be ‘fully loaded’ will pretty much every available extra cost option - especially if they are cars that are registered to VW and loaned out by them to the motoring media to review.

I’m in the UK, and on 2021 UK-spec mk8 Golf R-Line cars, park assist was an extra cost option on all models in the Golf range. Electrically folding mirrors was an extra cost option (bundled together with side assist) on Life, Active and R-Line models.

Software updates can include updates to the car’s climate control system. Maybe someone with an R-Line will add to this discussion topic on how many pages of air con settings they have. It could be that your car isn’t running the latest version of software.

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
I only have one page of settings 'Air Conditioning' and I have seen others who have 3 pages of settings for climate
Hi Kevin:

Welcome to the forum community.

I suspect (I stress 'suspect', I don't know for sure) that the climate control pages available on the central control screen are probably the same for every MK 8 Golf, excepting of course that certain options such as control of heated seats, control of 2 or 3 zone climate settings, and an uncommon option related to air filtration (recirculation of cabin air through the cabin air filter) might not be present on all cars.

Hence, I suspect that you probably have three pages - three different displays - of climate control settings available to you, but you have not yet discovered where to touch on the screen to change the page display. I can't blame you for this, I have had a MK 8 Golf for 5 weeks now and despite reading the 300 page + owners manual I am still discovering new things on a regular basis.

It might be easiest to drop by a VW dealer and ask a service writer or a salesperson to show you how to access the different presentations available within climate control settings.

Michael

Kevinnc99

I see you are from Ireland and the spec of VW’s cars can vary from country to country (and vary by trim level across the Golf model range). Some of those videos you’ve seen might have been non-Irish spec cars and / or non R-Line trim levels, hence the difference in features between your car and the cars in the videos. Also, it’s not unusual for cars that feature in videos to be ‘fully loaded’ will pretty much every available extra cost option - especially if they are cars that are registered to VW and loaned out by them to the motoring media to review.

I’m in the UK, and on 2021 UK-spec mk8 Golf R-Line cars, park assist was an extra cost option on all models in the Golf range. Electrically folding mirrors was an extra cost option (bundled together with side assist) on Life, Active and R-Line models.

Software updates can include updates to the car’s climate control system. Maybe someone with an R-Line will add to this discussion topic on how many pages of air con settings they have. It could be that your car isn’t running the latest version of software.

Kevinnc99

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I can only seem to see one setting of climate controls. I will contact the dealer, thanks for the advice!

Kevinnc99

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I can only seem to see one setting of climate controls. I will contact the dealer, thanks for the advice!

Thank you! I will update and see what happens.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So the 3-Zone Climatronic Air Conditioning has the 3 pages and is optional on the R-Line in Ireland.
Also the electric folding mirrors are optional too.
The Park Distance control front and rear is standard on all Golf 8 trims (Life, Style, R-Line , GT_ and R) while the Park Assist is optional.

Last edited: