GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Misfire issue higher rpms

MarioKart_MKVII

It never threw a code for it. When I installed the turbo I guess I scraped the sheathing on the wire, and it was grounding out. I cut the wire, soldered it back, put some heat shrink on it, and the problem went away.

When I go look for this am I looking for sign of the wire cut? Did you take pics when you found your issue?

8byt

Car(s)
2015 gti
I just got a new replacement actuator on the turbo installed last week. No I haven't tried to increase voltage and resetting acknowledge me. How do you increase it? and acknowledge it?

Also on last datalog cam timing was adjusted.
You can do this with vagcom or obd11. Pull up charge actuator voltage and turn the rod till you get the voltage you want. Also if you’re running e85, you may be running too much fuel up top and it’s not igniting we ran into this problem on the dyno and had to adjust it.

MarioKart_MKVII

You can do this with vagcom or obd11. Pull up charge actuator voltage and turn the rod till you get the voltage you want. Also if you’re running e85, you may be running too much fuel up top and it’s not igniting we ran into this problem on the dyno and had to adjust it.

Tuner said lpfp and fueling was good. I have been doing live session street tuning. No dyno yet. So what range would I be looking to change the actuator voltage to?

8byt

Car(s)
2015 gti
When I go look for this am I looking for sign of the wire cut? Did you take pics when you found your issue?
No I didn’t, and I’m not sure this is your problem. I couldn’t find the issue so I started going through everything including all wiring, that’s when I found the issue.

MarioKart_MKVII

No I didn’t, and I’m not sure this is your problem. I couldn’t find the issue so I started going through everything including all wiring, that’s when I found the issue.
Okay so I'll go through all the wires and hoses and look for anything lose, possible boost leak etc.

tehfalcon

There's only so much of an injection window up top there. Fueling from the pumps isn't an issue as rail pressure is good. It's quite a stout tune. E85 on an IS38 is hard to nail down without MPI. It's always right on the edge of what the DI injectors can handle. Some cars can get away with it, mainly because their pumps are probably not 84% E. OR they run a bit less boost. Try and cut in some pump gas and see if that alleviates it. Heck, you'll get a bit better mileage, lol.

Do like a 10/2 split on an empty tank.
Reopening an old thread for discussion as I've been fighting a high rpm misfire for almost a year now. Finally got Simos Tool's to do some logging.

misfire starting at 5800~ rpm. Engine compression tested 150-155psi across all cylinders, no odd sounds from the engine. less than 40,000 miles on the car. No fault codes except random misfire or if it shuts down a cylinder (EPC) it will throw a code for misfire on that specific cylinder. Misfire count in the log is low for some reason even though it's breaking up super bad and will throw an EPC light if I stayed in it.

Log: https://datazap.me/u/tehfalcon/misfire-near-limiter

APR DTR6054 Turbo
APR DTR6054 ECU Tune 91 Oct
APR DTR6054 DSG Tune
ARM Catted Downpipe
APR Coil Packs (tried OEM ones as well, same result)
Brisk ER10S Spark Plugs with 0.024” Gap
ECS Intercooler
ECS Intake Duct
RAMAir Intake
Mishimoto Radiator
Fluidampr Crank Pulley
CTS Catch Can System
CTS Throttle Pipe

Any thoughts? I'm leaning toward it being a fueling issue now