GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CV Axle Replacements

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
Who's had to replace a CV Axle? What did you do? OEM, aftermarket cheapie, or upgrade? I had Raxles on my old mk4 GTI, anybody go that route? Waiting for a quote from them, but not sure if I want to bite that bullet with it since OEM lasted this long with 84k, tons of autox, and a track day.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Who's had to replace a CV Axle? What did you do? OEM, aftermarket cheapie, or upgrade? I had Raxles on my old mk4 GTI, anybody go that route? Waiting for a quote from them, but not sure if I want to bite that bullet with it since OEM lasted this long with 84k, tons of autox, and a track day.
Also had raxles on my mk4 Jetta. Seems like on the 7s though it's not really needed unless you have a built block and turn it way up and do a bunch of drag trips.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
sorry to revive this old thread.

anyone know the part number for the passenger side axel?
mine is going bad throwing grease everywhere out of the axel.

contacted raxles and was quoted $349 for the standard one and $399 one for lowered vehicles. Any other cheaper options out there?
I don't track my car only daily it and drive spiritedly here and there.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
sorry to revive this old thread.

anyone know the part number for the passenger side axel?
mine is going bad throwing grease everywhere out of the axel.

contacted raxles and was quoted $349 for the standard one and $399 one for lowered vehicles. Any other cheaper options out there?
I don't track my car only daily it and drive spiritedly here and there.

Is your car a manual or DSG? I'm assuming the part numbers would be different. Regardless, it looks like the OEM options are up in the $800 range.

Is the axle actually bad or just leaking some grease? If you caught it early enough and it hasn't run dry or been contaminated with dirt you could just regrease and replace the boot.

I did this recently for about $80 and a few hours of my time.