GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GSW 4motion manual white silver metallic

Sleepywagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4motion
Hello everyone,

I am going to be picking up a 2019 GSW 4motion manual (45k miles bone stock) this weekend. I’m coming from a 2011 GTI that I have loved dearly. The first thing I’m doing is tinting windows then wheels and tires. I will probably update this as I go along. I’m looking to build it as I go with OEM+ practical upgrades. Currently thinking is38 and new clutch with tune. Anyway I look forward to hearing from you guys and seeing other builds.

seller was very particular with what he wanted and if I was in the place to buy a new car in 2019 it would have been this….or a cornflower blue rabbit GTI. me and the wife are growing our family and I want the extra space to take some of load off her ford edge.
67E763E1-FA6A-4AE5-9012-A020711D71F8.jpeg

4028FA04-27DB-41CA-9BC4-C50A2BAB170A.jpeg

cb1111

Drive it for a while before you even start thinking upgrades. You'll want to drive it and decide what you think it needs based on where/how you drive.

Sleepywagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4motion
Drive it for a while before you even start thinking upgrades. You'll want to drive it and decide what you think it needs based on where/how you drive.
Yes. I really want to get the 6/yr warranty through then do some upgrades once that is up. I kept my gti stock agndit sits at 180k miles with no issues other than some suspension clunking.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
That's a nice looking wagon, congrats!

I totally agree with cb1111 - drive it for a bit, see where the weak points are and what you like and dislike.

As far as upgrades, it just depends on your priorities, how you use the car, budget, etc. Wheels and tires are definitely a great upgrade but be conscious of larger wheels and sportier tires and the impact to ride quality. Some of my favorite upgrades have been to the shifter and drivetrain (mounts, bushings, short shift kit, etc.) and smaller quality of life things (auto-dimming mirror, floor mats, lighting, subwoofer, etc). An upgraded rear sway bar was also a pretty good bang-for-the-buck mod. I've avoided a tune or other power mods because I know I need to also get an upgraded clutch and don't want to spend the money. It all comes down to your priorities for the car.

Last edited:

Sleepywagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4motion
That's a nice looking wagon, congrats!

I totally agree with cb1111 - drive it for a bit, see where the weak points are and what you like and dislike.

As far as upgrades, it just depends on your priorities, how you use the car, budget, etc. Wheels and tires are definitely a great upgrade but be conscious of larger wheels and sportier tires and the impact to ride quality. Some of my favorite upgrades have been to the shifter and drivetrain (mounts, bushings, short shift kit, etc.) and smaller quality of life things (auto-dimming mirror, floor mats, lighting, subwoofer, etc). An upgraded rear sway bar was also a pretty good bang-for-the-buck mod. I've avoided a tune or other power mods because I know I need to also get an upgraded clutch and don't want to spend the money. It all comes down to your priorities for the car.
did you get the OEM euro shirt throw shift it or go with something else? I’d like to keep the car OEM+ just cause

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Nice one! Tons of info in my build thread and my YouTube...links in sig.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
did you get the OEM euro shirt throw shift it or go with something else? I’d like to keep the car OEM+ just cause

Yeah the front-to-back bracket is that OEM euro part and offers a small but welcome reduction in throw. The side-to-side bracket is from Diesel Geek (who uses an OEM part if I recall) and doesn't really change the shift action but is metal (vs plastic) and has an upgraded slide bushing piece which helps tighten things up. Replacing the rubber cable ends with solid units was a nice improvement as well.

Last edited:

Sleepywagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4motion
Windows tinted at 20% and new wheels and tires. Totally changed the look! I need to take the roof rack off. I’m thinking next will be a set of h&r lowering springs. Not sure if I want the sport or super sport version. I need to keep a comfortable ride my the wife and kid.
IMG_3269.jpeg

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
The first thing I did when I got my pure white MK7 GSW was uninstall the 20% tint. However, after seeing your car, it IS a really nice look, it just wasn't for me. And for someone who doesn't normally like black wheels, I like those too. Looks good!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The first thing I did when I got my pure white MK7 GSW was uninstall the 20% tint. However, after seeing your car, it IS a really nice look, it just wasn't for me. And for someone who doesn't normally like black wheels, I like those too. Looks good!
20% is pretty dark/tough at night. 35% rears and 50% front is legal in VA and works really well.

Sleepywagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4motion
Unbeknownst to me, my used MK5 came with 11% tint. At night, I needed to roll own the windows to make turns.
I feel you. My gti had tint but I swear it was darker than 20 now that I know I have 20. I used to struggle to back that thing up at night without rolling down the windows.

Sleepywagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4motion
They are OEM Dallas wheels off a GTI. The guy I bought them from had some vinyl decals put over the brushed aluminum parts of the wheel and I really dig it. Black wheels on a white car👌