GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 TDI S - Want to add ACC but... new ABS required...?

rufusblue

Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I've had my 2015 Golf TDI S for about 4 years now and decided I want to bite the bullet and add ACC and Lane Assist/Blind Spot monitoring at a minimum. I've tried to do my research but still not finding an answer to whether or not I need a different ABS module to pull off the ACC. Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated. According to VCDS, I have ABS module 3Q0907379C.

Thanks!

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I've had my 2015 Golf TDI S for about 4 years now and decided I want to bite the bullet and add ACC and Lane Assist/Blind Spot monitoring at a minimum. I've tried to do my research but still not finding an answer to whether or not I need a different ABS module to pull off the ACC. Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated. According to VCDS, I have ABS module 3Q0907379C.

Thanks!
Your ABS module should be fine.
Either way I'd still install everything, worst case scenario the ABS isn't compatible and you just need to retrofit a new one which should be cheap and easy.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Agreed that your ABS should be fine... but disagree on ABS retrofit being easy, haha, quite annoying on the TDI due to the emissions equipment. ABS module has to be removed from below, through the exhaust tunnel.

rufusblue

Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
This is what I'm seeing in VCDS for mine:

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 AB HW: 5Q0 907 530 L
Component: GW MQB Mid 211 2203

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's a midline gateway. It won't have pins 7 and 17 which are CAN bus extended. All the retrofits you mentioned are on can bus extended.