GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suction Pump Seal Recall

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Just received email this morning from NHTSA about the recall, it seems that some 260k cars are affected. I know some owners had issues in the past with not being able to fuel up and fuel leaking afterwards...finally they forced VW to do something about it.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...recall-only-fwd-vehicles-affected-229665.html

Feb 14,2024
Manufacturer Recall Number20UF
NHTSA Recall Number24V110
Recall Status Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
Summary The suction jet pump inside the fuel tank is designed to purge fuel from the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) system. If a specific seal inside an affected suction jet pump fails, the fuel may flow directly into the EVAP system. If this happens, fuel could accumulate in the EVAP system and may leak through the charcoal canister filter element. Leaking fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, may result in a fire.

Safety Risk Leaking fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, may result in a fire.

Remedy REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
My vin is eligible. I'm not experiencing any issues, but what will the repair be? I'll take a free LPFP replacement after 7 years and 85k miles.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
They need to include Rs in that recall. I had to change mine out but my fat hands didn't make it any easier. Not terribly difficult as everyone mentions. My biggest issue was the stupid fuel line wouldn't come off then it wouldn't click back on.

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Was ready to put a deposit down on an '18 sportwagen SEL and my buddy who owns the dealership said "We are hoping it's only a week or two until the recall gets announced But it could be months... we never know but I'll keep you in the loop."

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
It's showing for my VIN as well (2015 GTI built very early in March of 2014). Already dealt with this issue twice: first in 2015 when they replaced the entire fuel tank and charcoal canister, and again in 2022 when they replaced the suction pump, charcoal canister, and N80 valve under the 15 year/150k mile warranty extension. I believe I should be set with the latest suction pump, since the part was revised starting in 2019. Will probably avoid getting this recall performed unless I have another issue down the line (now that I'm past the 150k miles for the extended warranty).