GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
i'm totally going to order another one...

5Q0971813.jpg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Crafty idea. I'm already on the Noco stuff, but I like the idea.

The big one at the moment for me is to build in a pullstring so I can open the hood in the event that I experience a latch cable failure.
*That* sounds awesome.
Did you do the ziptie thing on that cable join? i was hoping that might be enough but if you figure out a pullstring i'm doing it. That whole thread freaked me out seeing folks drill out their emblem.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
*That* sounds awesome.
Did you do the ziptie thing on that cable join? i was hoping that might be enough but if you figure out a pullstring i'm doing it. That whole thread freaked me out seeing folks drill out their emblem.
I'm going to do the ziptie on the cable join, but then also the thought is that if I run a ziptie down on the front end of the cable I might be able to create a pull tab that I can reach by removing the splash guard. A bigger concern I have is putting things in such a place that they won't get caught in any moving bits, as well as being inconspicuous enough that nobody's going to come across it randomly.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm going to do the ziptie on the cable join, but then also the thought is that if I run a ziptie down on the front end of the cable I might be able to create a pull tab that I can reach by removing the splash guard. A bigger concern I have is putting things in such a place that they won't get caught in any moving bits, as well as being inconspicuous enough that nobody's going to come across it randomly.

You got the answer (from others) that you asked me........

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
This thread devolved. :)

US cars don't have the battery module. I looked into adding it, and AIR it was ridiculously expensive.

I thought the emblem on MK7 just popped off if you turn it the correct amount.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
US cars don't have the battery module. I looked into adding it, and AIR it was ridiculously expensive.
This is entirely untrue. US cars without stop start don't have the battery module.

The battery module itself is also less than $40 new from the dealer. It does happen that it's not the only thing you need and that can get expensive, figure somewhere around $750 all in.

If you want to add start stop there's a different starter, car should have an AGM battery (which you might have already), and for manuals you need a neutral position sensor which is not installed in our transmissions. The hole is not fully drilled through in the transmission case, although it is part of the casting. You also need the shift tower that has the neutral position sensor pick up.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
The hole is not fully drilled through in the transmission case, although it is part of the casting
speaking of that.. I still haven’t gotten around to drilling mine out. at this point after watching probably an hour+ of “GTI front bumper” videos I think taking off the bumper and the wheel liner is maybe the only way do it where you can look straight in front of you at the hole while holding the drill. that is my plan now at least.