GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Picked the GTI up from the shop and got her back home.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Another 7 hours in the shop. TIGHT fitting everything in there, but it worked out.
Looking good! Quick question, is he not tuned? Or he lives on a smog tested state? All my tuned LS/LT engines have the rear O2 sensor deleted by the tuner. 9/10 adding LT headers makes it almost impossible for the front and rear O2's to reach. It's cheaper to buy 2 extensions than 4.

Forgot to add, while the OEM system have the X pipe that far back, placing it further forward right behind the transmission results in way better scavenging. I did that to my Camaro and while the RWHP was the same, the curved shifted up slightly all across the RPM range.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
One of these days I'm going to just road trip down there and have you build a custom, valved cat back for my Camaro...

Beautiful work.
it's an easy drive and very chill to be there....combine it with the Charlotte Spartan race (like I've done) and knock out two birds with one stone!

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Changed the blend door actuator. $20 part and a blind install but it doesn’t click anymore!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Changed the blend door actuator. $20 part and a blind install but it doesn’t click anymore!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
had some basic services performed today while i was at work. new plugs, serp belt, haldex service and brake fluid flush.

gonna get the dsg service done in the next few weeks.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looking good! Quick question, is he not tuned? Or he lives on a smog tested state? All my tuned LS/LT engines have the rear O2 sensor deleted by the tuner. 9/10 adding LT headers makes it almost impossible for the front and rear O2's to reach. It's cheaper to buy 2 extensions than 4.

Forgot to add, while the OEM system have the X pipe that far back, placing it further forward right behind the transmission results in way better scavenging. I did that to my Camaro and while the RWHP was the same, the curved shifted up slightly all across the RPM range.

It’s emissions compliant, so no need to cheat with a tune. He’s in NC which does have testing, and won’t be bypassing anything even after it’s LSA supercharged. To clarify it will be tuned before and after the blower.

To place the X any further forward would sacrifice significant ground clearance, which isn’t something we’re willing to do in any situation.

He swapped a full SS/Holden interior, and only plans to make 500whp ish with the blower. It’s a fun family cruiser that’ll probably run low 12s. Not chasing any specific goals other than OEM+ fun.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I bet. I've never done outdoor gas karting, but indoor karting is an absolute blast.
My body is absolutely wrecked today because the seat was not fitted to me, but it was the most fun I've had in quite a long time. 55-60mph on a go kart is so different from a car. Two of us ran for most of the day and had a blast. We actually tore up some asphalt on the race line! Likely going to end up buying one.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Took the wife out Saturday night and since the GTI is healthy again, we took her out as well. Did a pull from 2 and lost traction for a brief second when boost hit, and then again about midway into 3rd but it caught again a moment later. She feels more kill mode than before now that the new clutch is broken in. Also gave her a bath.
SAM_3_2_24.PNG