GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did you all know about the windshield wiper counter? I must have hit the limit today because my car exploded. Imma ghost now 👻

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Did you all know about the windshield wiper counter? I must have hit the limit today because my car exploded. Imma ghost now 👻
I deleted my rear wiper because APR hadn't put a product to reset the counter and I didn't want it to explode when I reached the limit.

Might be worth considering an ECU delete before it's too late... unless you buy the Ultralink.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I deleted my rear wiper because APR hadn't put a product to reset the counter and I didn't want it to explode when I reached the limit.

Might be worth considering an ECU delete before it's too late... unless you buy the Ultralink.
Oh, I deleted my ECU a long time ago and replaced it with a limitless pineapple.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
We also kept our existing APR software owners in mind when creating the Ultralink. There’s no need to purchase a tune twice! Your vehicle is already in our database as an existing customer. And best of all, the Ultralink is completely unlocked. Use it to buy and install software on all your or your friend’s vehicles!
I am an existing customer. Is there a fee to use this? Does the TCU require its own device? Thanks

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
There is no fee for existing customers, and one device will do both ECU and TCU.
If I decide to trade in my 2019 GTI for a Mk8.5, can I continue to use this? I assume I would need to pay for the new Mk8.5 tune. Are there any additional fees?

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Works great! It just paid for itself by not having to go to the APR dealer.

17lapiz

@Arin@APR how do I go about having my VIN fixed so it doesn’t show I need to pay for TCU stage 1 again? ECU pulled fine but no luck with TCU.

Also, is stage 2 not available in ultralink for MK7 R? Website showed $125 upgrade from stage 1 but the option doesn’t appear in ultralink.

Thanks

17lapiz

Damn what a bummer. Gonna return this ultralink then. No point to having Stage 1 updates if I’m gonna flash for another company’s stage 2 tune anyway. RIP

Last edited: