GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I found him! I think this guy lives there.

IMG_1935.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure, I'm going back and forth on what to do with it, keep throwing money at it or just buy a crate motor and get another 80k miles out of it. My wife hasn't worked in a year and it's put a damper on my fun money
Suggestion: put a simple starter on it that way it's not a paperweight

"keep throwing money at it or just buy a crate motor and get another 80k miles out of it"
Either path leads to spending money the way I see it. Might as well drive your car while you sit at this crossroads.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure, I'm going back and forth on what to do with it, keep throwing money at it or just buy a crate motor and get another 80k miles out of it. My wife hasn't worked in a year and it's put a damper on my fun money

Things your wife and car have in common...

Sounds like it's time for a new crate wife...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Suggestion: put a simple starter on it that way it's not a paperweight

"keep throwing money at it or just buy a crate motor and get another 80k miles out of it"
Either path leads to spending money the way I see it. Might as well drive your car while you sit at this crossroads.
Eh it's not that simple. My motor needs the timing done, valve cover reseal and the rear main replaced. All significant work and id still have a beaten on motor with 80k at the end of it.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Eh it's not that simple. My motor needs the timing done, valve cover reseal and the rear main replaced. All significant work and id still have a beaten on motor with 80k at the end of it.
I've done timing and valve cover. The only challenge would be having the cam gear tools for timing, 500 bucks of new chains+tensioners, and the patience to do it all in a weekend. You can do it with the motor in the car. The valve cover reseal is ez-pz, I did it at the same time I did timing. Rear main from what I've heard is just having the tool and patience.

80k miles? I'm approaching 160k, you'll be fine. If you need help with timing/valve cover, I can share my experiences more in depth.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
ooh, that helps i had no idea what freezing credit meant! So it stops any new lines of credit from being spawned unless I 'thaw'?

Freezing credit effectively locks your credit reports from being seen/run by anyone. It also locks out anyone from opening new accounts against your SSN.

If you want to open a new line of credit, you have to go in and “thaw” your accounts for a given timeframe, and then they are opened up as they are now. Once your designated dates expire, it’s back to lockdown automatically.

This also limits creditors from screening your accounts for their desired indicators. These screenings are what prompts a bank/mortgage lender/etc to send you mailers or calls trying to get your business.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I've done timing and valve cover. The only challenge would be having the cam gear tools for timing, 500 bucks of new chains+tensioners, and the patience to do it all in a weekend. You can do it with the motor in the car. The valve cover reseal is ez-pz, I did it at the same time I did timing. Rear main from what I've heard is just having the tool and patience.

80k miles? I'm approaching 160k, you'll be fine. If you need help with timing/valve cover, I can share my experiences more in depth.

Actual footage of @jay745's reaction right now

tumblr_39cc3eecb37324fac68ee430e1297433_1b7f9d88_540.gif