GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

tigeo

Autocross Champion
If you want wet grip look at the newer continental ECS 02. Very popular for wet track use and a decent bit cheaper than PS4S. I'm replacing my 6 year-old michelins with a set this April. Great do-everything warm weather tire.
If I had to choose to use one tire all summer and I was only doing 2-3 trackdays, I'd probably prefer to err on the side of streetability.
I like my ECSs and will replace them this spring with ECS02s.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
@APEXWheels did you intentionally remove the bbk clearance info from your mk7 fitment pages? I'm not seeing it anymore.

Yes and no. When we moved the fitment guides over to our new website, we mixed up the formatting to make for a more streamlined experience. We are currently working on implementing an easier to update brake clearance table to ensure it is kept up to date as we get more data over time. Until that is setup in the new guides, here is a screen shot of the old table for your reference:

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 11.32.29 AM.png

-Geirsen

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you even still get the Stoptech bbks? I know the APR has been discontinued and they are working on a new one.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
We are currently planning a DIY Fuel Filler relocation guide using one of our employee's GTI. However, we likely won't have anything published for another month or two as we are wanting to ensure a high-quality and detailed guide. In the meantime, if anyone has any decent Fuel Filler DIY resources to post, please feel free to share!

-Geirsen
Sorry to reply to a two-year-old post, but are there any updates to share about this?

I've got 17x9 SM-10's that I'm trying to run on my Mk8 and was hoping to find some Mk7 info that could help me gain some clearance around the fuel filler.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
FWIW, I’m running 17x9 on 255 RS4 and 255 615k+ before with no issues.
How much camber? I tried it with -2.5 camber when I had originally installed my coilovers a couple days ago and it was tipped in too close to the filler neck. Put -1.3 on it and now I have way too much poke. I need to find a happy medium on the camber and get the tank slid in to help the fuel filler slide in a bit tighter.

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
How much camber? I tried it with -2.5 camber when I had originally installed my coilovers a couple days ago and it was tipped in too close to the filler neck. Put -1.3 on it and now I have way too much poke. I need to find a happy medium on the camber and get the tank slid in to help the fuel filler slide in a bit tighter.
-1.5. How’s your toe setting?

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
-1.5. How’s your toe setting?
0 toe. I'd prefer to keep it that way, since this is a daily. I realize that some toe out could help, but I'd prefer to just swap to a different tire size if that's the only alternative.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Set it to -2, it seems like you know what you can do as you tried both extremes.