GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
The AliExpress vendors will work with the factories and can customize the wheel however you want (and even give you progress pics if you ask). Just send them a message with what you want.
I'll have to look at a few vendors and see what they offer. Would really like an alcantara and leather option. Might do the 12 o'clock stripe too if they offer it.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Usually I don't like aftermarket wheels because for me they're too exaggerated compared to the rest of the interior or too thick, but this one looks pretty nice!

Which wheel is it?
@Acadia18 nailed it; any of those vendors will custom make whatever. I showed them a Mk8 wheel and basically said “this, but a little thicker”. I think the specific seller was AllExcellent but pretty sure they all more or less offer the same.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
@Acadia18 nailed it; any of those vendors will custom make whatever. I showed them a Mk8 wheel and basically said “this, but a little thicker”. I think the specific seller was AllExcellent but pretty sure they all more or less offer the same.
Pretty sure I used all excellent also. Very easy to work with.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've ordered from both AllExcellent & GreeCar. Despite different sellers, the wheels are probably from the same factory.

I'll have to look at a few vendors and see what they offer. Would really like an alcantara and leather option. Might do the 12 o'clock stripe too if they offer it.

The 'vendors' are really just middle men between you and the factory. It's not so much "seeing what they offer", vs. just telling them what you want, and they have it custom made for you.

My first wheel, I wanted full napa leather with grey stitching. They delivered.

1710954428648.png

1710954481982.png

Then I decided I wanted perforated sides, with napa top and bottom. They delivered.

1710954553914.png

1710954596894.png

Both wheels next to each other

1710954625307.png

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I've ordered from both AllExcellent & GreeCar. Despite different sellers, the wheels are probably from the same factory.

The 'vendors' are really just middle men between you and the factory. It's not so much "seeing what they offer", vs. just telling them what you want, and they have it custom made for you.

My first wheel, I wanted full napa leather with grey stitching. They delivered.

View attachment 301217

View attachment 301218

Then I decided I wanted perforated sides, with napa top and bottom. They delivered.

View attachment 301219

View attachment 301220

Both wheels next to each other

View attachment 301221
Oh sweet, will probably look up the vendors you mentioned and get with them. Thanks!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Will do, thanks for the link. I remember an older thread when someone used their shipping and it took forever. Will def ask them to ship FedEx/UPS.

Probably me lmao.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh - I'm not lesbian. Carbon fiber it is.
If I could do it again (probably will) I would omit the cf (forged in my case) on the top and just do the bottom with it for some detail since I have the forged shifter trim still. I don’t love how the top feels without fabric/leather

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
If I could do it again (probably will) I would omit the cf (forged in my case) on the top and just do the bottom with it for some detail since I have the forged shifter trim still. I don’t love how the top feels without fabric/leather
Can you post a picture of the forged shifter trim? And maybe a link lol