GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

Ivаn

Car(s)
Golf 7

Attachments

• 29_8V0907399D_0001_V03935262JC_7100_5GM_VMP3_VMAVX8IUK001_Golf 7 FL 8IU_8IX.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 39_8V0907399D_0001_V03935262JB_7100_5GM_VMP3_VMAVX8IUK001_Golf 7 FL 8IU_8IX.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 69
  • D6_7P5941572A_0002_V03935362PB_7100_5GM_VMP9_VMAVX8IUK002_Golf_7FL_8IU.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 64
  • D7_7P5941572A_0002_V03935362NZ_7100_5GM_VMP9_VMAVX8IUK002_Golf_7FL_8IU.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 4B_3Q0907338E_0367_V03935292JZ_Golf_7FL_8IU.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 83

david.Golf

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTE Hybrid
Hi, you need to buy a 10pin to 14pin connector converter. It is available in market. Even with 14pin converter buy off the shelves, you will still need to splice some cables to have the full features working. I bought the lights for 2 months and did not do anything until i saw AWD4416 guide, it completed me by following. VW wiring diagram did not fully explain 1 part which is crucial to completing.

Actually, it wasn't tough to convert if you are going from 7.5 halogen to 7.5 LED. my lights are 081/082 DLA type. In fact, it is easier than doing PLA3.0 full parking system. Ask me anything too.

I borrow a gif from other forum, but my DLA light start up is below.

Changed my email to track this thread but did not confirm it so i wasn't getting notifications 😅.

I flashed my lights using a paid verion of VCP using their firmware download tool. It also has the proper parameters for the 4B module if the module comes from something other than a Golf.

I don't have a copy of those file in ODIS format and the VCP files are encrypted to your VCP dongle/key so I can't share. However, there are plenty of online friends at a specific bay 😉 that can let you borrow their copy of the files you might need.
I have flashed my modules couple of times but now iam getting error in all 4 modules 29 39 d6 d7 all has same one error highbeam implausble . And no turn signal and no drl .
What do you suggust ??

AWD4416

Ready to race!
I have flashed my modules couple of times but now iam getting error in all 4 modules 29 39 d6 d7 all has same one error highbeam implausble . And no turn signal and no drl .
What do you suggust ??
You will get errors after the firmware flash. If you clear all errors and they persist, then you have the wrong firmware for your headlights. There are a few version, you have to make sure all modules have the correct firmware for the parameter file loaded on the 4B module

ASH7R

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 R
First of all I'd like to say thank you for the info in this thread!! I was hoping to get it all done and post a thank you post but having some issues getting it finished up!

Hi!

Thank you for the links for these. Would you have the datasets for 4B Module please: - 3Q0907338C

Really hoping the 4b module I bought is programmed wrong and this will fix it, as I currently have no indicators or drl, dipped beam and main beam all good, modules D6 / D7 have no errors, checked all the coding and adaptations all ok. So this seems to be my last option!?

I have ODIS-E, VCP and VCDS (all the gear no idea). If anyone can offer any advice on what my issue would be that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

AWD4416

Ready to race!
First of all I'd like to say thank you for the info in this thread!! I was hoping to get it all done and post a thank you post but having some issues getting it finished up!

Hi!

Thank you for the links for these. Would you have the datasets for 4B Module please: - 3Q0907338C

Really hoping the 4b module I bought is programmed wrong and this will fix it, as I currently have no indicators or drl, dipped beam and main beam all good, modules D6 / D7 have no errors, checked all the coding and adaptations all ok. So this seems to be my last option!?

I have ODIS-E, VCP and VCDS (all the gear no idea). If anyone can offer any advice on what my issue would be that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :)
If you have no indicators then yes you need to load up the proper parameter file on the 4B module. If your VCP subscription is still active, you should be able to find the proper file on the download program. Can't remember the name off the top of my head but it should be then one for the golf if you look by the number 3Q0907338C

ASH7R

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 R
Hi,

Was definitely the 4B module having the wrong datasets on it even though I was told it was from a Golf when I bought it lol. I used the datasets that have been provided by Ivan in the post above. " 4B - Multifunc. Module (J745) "

Although the dataset file are for 3Q0907338E and I have 3Q0907338C, I wrote the dataset anyway using ODIS-E. When writing it showed an error on completetion but on testing the indicators and drills again it appears to have written the dataset successfully so indicators and drl are now working!!

Some great info on this thread, thanks you all :)

ronniecss

Car(s)
Golf GTI
Hi,

I'm planning a retrofit project where I aim to upgrade the front end of my GTI MK7 (2015 model) to that of the MK7.5. My primary focus is on the headlights. Currently, my GTI MK7 is equipped with Dynamic Light Assist. I'm interested in retrofitting to the LED model of the MK7.5, specifically the 8IU (Full Dynamic Lights).

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on this. Has anyone here undertaken a similar project? Are there specific challenges or compatibility issues I should be aware of? Also, any recommendations on parts or installation procedures would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your guidance and tips!

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
hmm........ no offense intended - but this has to be a very, non-trivial project!! What is the PR code for your existing headlight system?

As a starting point for your exercise -maybe read the excellent description by @AWD4416 HERE. The link is for a MY19 Golf (so mk7.5) so not the same as your car -but it does indicate the complexity of retrofitting an 8IU headlight system into a car that wasn't factory built for this option.

Don

ronniecss

Car(s)
Golf GTI
hmm........ sem intenção de ofender - mas este deve ser um projeto nada trivial!! Qual é o código PR do seu sistema de faróis existente?

Como ponto de partida para o seu exercício - talvez leia a excelente descrição de @AWD4416 AQUI . O link é para um Golf MY19 (então mk7.5), portanto não é o mesmo que o seu carro - mas indica a complexidade de adaptar um sistema de farol 8IU em um carro que não foi construído de fábrica para esta opção.

Vestir
How can I find the PR code for my headlight system?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
The PR codes are shown on the data sticker - here's an example of a data sticker for a MY15 Golf TDI.

The PR code series for headlights is 8Ix - where "x" is an alphabetic character (like a, b, c........z)

On the example below, notice the PR code "8ID" on the right-most column. 8ID = Halogen twin headlamps (without separate LED daytime running lights).

Don
mbbnm.jpg

It's located here

Last edited:

ronniecss

Car(s)
Golf GTI
Os códigos PR são mostrados no adesivo de dados - aqui está um exemplo de adesivo de dados para um Golf TDI MY15.

A série de códigos PR para faróis é 8Ix - onde "x" é um caractere alfabético (como a, b, c........z)

No exemplo abaixo, observe o código PR “8ID” na coluna mais à direita. 8ID = Faróis duplos halogéneos (sem luzes diurnas LED separadas).

Vestir
View attachment 301010

Está localizado aqui
Esse é o adesivo do meu carro, não consegui retirar completamente a peça para tirar uma foto completa. É um Golf GTI modelo 2015.
The PR codes are shown on the data sticker - here's an example of a data sticker for a MY15 Golf TDI.

The PR code series for headlights is 8Ix - where "x" is an alphabetic character (like a, b, c........z)

On the example below, notice the PR code "8ID" on the right-most column. 8ID = Halogen twin headlamps (without separate LED daytime running lights).

Don
View attachment 301010

It's located here
This is the sticker on my car, I wasn't able to completely remove the piece to take a full photo. It's a 2015 model Golf GTI.
photo_2024-03-18_22-25-13.jpg

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Not good!! There seems to be NO PR code related to the headlights on the sticker in your picture!! Very strange - not sure if Brazil practices are different!

How many pins are on the FACTORY headlight connector on this car (i.e. on the factory loom side of the headlight connector - not the headlight fitting side)?

Don

ronniecss

Car(s)
Golf GTI
Not good!! There seems to be NO PR code related to the headlights on the sticker in your picture!! Very strange - not sure if Brazil practices are different!

How many pins are on the FACTORY headlight connector on this car (i.e. on the factory loom side of the headlight connector - not the headlight fitting side)?

Don
Photos of car headlight and connector

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-24_21-18-54.jpg
    photo_2024-03-24_21-18-54.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 18
  • photo_2024-03-24_21-18-50.jpg
    photo_2024-03-24_21-18-50.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo_2024-03-24_21-18-48.jpg
    photo_2024-03-24_21-18-48.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 13
  • photo_2024-03-24_21-18-46.jpg
    photo_2024-03-24_21-18-46.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 13
  • photo_2024-03-24_21-18-44.jpg
    photo_2024-03-24_21-18-44.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 13

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
OK - thanks for the photos (the headlight connector is the standard 14 x pin version). What version diagnostic device are you using and can you post-up a SCAN of the car?

ronniecss

Car(s)
Golf GTI
OK - thanks for the photos (the headlight connector is the standard 14 x pin version). What version diagnostic device are you using and can you post-up a SCAN of the car?
I apologize for the delay in my response. I was waiting for the person who does the car diagnostic scan, but I didn't have the opportunity.

I would be grateful if you could guide me on how to do the scan myself. I have the VCDS software, but I have never used it before and I don't want to risk doing something wrong.