GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I've not been a fan of the Mini interior for a long, long time. But I guess that's why I have a VW. Nobody else seems to do interiors quite like VAG, though across the board they've gotten better lately. I never thought I'd care about a car's interior until the first time I drove a non-VW. I want to say it was a Sierra? Some GM pickup. For how new it was, it felt straight out of the early 90's, and it was awful. Lots of plastic, lots of non-matching colors, just didn't please the eye. And then I started looking more, and finding more and more that the things I'd come to appreciate in my little Golf were in fact decently thought out and had some attention put into them beyond 'what's the cheapest LED color'.
My $30k 2016 VW has a higher quality interior than my $75k Chevy...

Even with the gripes about the new touch screens, the new VWs are still a cut above in my opinion. I don't understand the reviews saying Hyundai/Kia are the tops for interior quality. Sat in them when shopping for my wife's Atlas and while they look nice, the illusion falls apart when you start touching stuff. I was excited about the Kia EV6 for myself until I sat in one; looks cool but everything feels like cheap plastic that will break off in your hand. Not a fan.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
My $30k 2016 VW has a higher quality interior than my $75k Chevy...

Even with the gripes about the new touch screens, the new VWs are still a cut above in my opinion. I don't understand the reviews saying Hyundai/Kia are the tops for interior quality. Sat in them when shopping for my wife's Atlas and while they look nice, the illusion falls apart when you start touching stuff. I was excited about the Kia EV6 for myself until I sat in one; looks cool but everything feels like cheap plastic that will break off in your hand. Not a fan.
Mazda gang for Asian interiors 💪 I'm a big fan of the feel of our CX-5, and my wife's 3rd gen Mazda3. My second gen has seen better days, but it's also 14 years old and edgy

I think VW's hard to beat for thoughtful interiors, though I'm very pleased about buttons coming back for the steering wheel on the mk8.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mazda is tops in normal cars interiors.

Mercedes new interiors are terrible, they should be ashamed.

VW's are below Mazda for sure, but better than most. I really like the mk8 interior, at least with the base audio. I don't have the sliders on the dash. What a terrible design.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
They don't know how many people/vehicles were on the bridge, but hitting water from 150ft is much like hitting cement. That the one worker walked away with no injuries is a wonder.

They can guess from camera footage and that is one reason for the divers being there.

A big issue will be the port effectively shutting down. Baltimore is a huge port for auto imports/exports.
no injuries and refused treatment.

that dude is a badass

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
The new civic type r interior is one of the best I've ever seen.

Got an apptmnt for next Friday with the orthopedic I wanted.
I'm placing my bets on a torn meniscus. Just want to get back to things, I'll gladly do hours of PT.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
So, the way I'm seeing it, @JerseyDrew77 is about to haul ass to Baltimore and make the world record golf 7 bridge jump!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I was shocked how fast the bridge fell and the totality of the collapse.

Guessing they...never imagined a ship that big just ramming the fuck out of it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah the newspaper was asking an engineer about it because people want answers on if the bridge has an issues.

The guy said something along the lines a bridge needs two uprights to work if you remove one it is no longer a bridge.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Mazda is tops in normal cars interiors.

Mercedes new interiors are terrible, they should be ashamed.

VW's are below Mazda for sure, but better than most. I really like the mk8 interior, at least with the base audio. I don't have the sliders on the dash. What a terrible design.
bummer too because merc used to be top dog in interior ergonomic quality

JUST LISTEN TO THIS. THIS WOULD DRIVE ME UP A WALL. Doesn't even look nice, looks like an old kia

VS THIS (SKIP TO 3:30 OR WATCH WHOLE VID BECAUSE RCR IS GOAT)

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
<--- Cat Paul Atreides from Dune
If you haven't seen the two movies, definitely watch em, they're great.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i havent seen the 2 movies

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the only movie ive seen more than once is 2G1C

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Didn't like the books, no way I would watch movie. I like SF but not politics court intrigue

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Didn't like the books, no way I would watch movie. I like SF but not politics court intrigue
Honestly, it's more of prophecy and religion based Sci-Fi. Bloodline mixing Sci-Fi.
I got bored reading the books too, but the movies are so well made.

If you're a big Sci Fi guy, I recommend Gattaca and Minority Report

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Shhhhhh. Now you can't say dune. If it has that word in it people loose their minds!!