GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This will be my first time, but I've heard and read good things. I'm just hoping to have fun and improve my skills, but if I feel comfortable on day 2, I might try to turn it up a bit.

I can't wait to see the Corvette museum with my son, just hoping that they have recovered from the sink hole issue a couple years ago.
Make sure your brakes are up for it.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Make sure your brakes are up for it.
Have EBC blue ready to go on, but might go with an alternative since I've found some pretty mixed reviews. I guess I need to get them bedded in and see how they do before I make a decision.

I'd prefer to use what FCP has in stock (Hawk and Ferodo) since I love their lifetime return policy for consumables, but they don't carry G-loc or Porterfield which I've had good experiences with, in the past.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Did you say EBC? Getta rope.
It was an impulse purchase since I had $800 worth of other parts in my FCP cart, and I clicked buy before doing any research. Should I just return them and get the Ferodo DS2500 or possibly something from Hawk? Bonus points for a suggestion of a solid pad that FCP carries.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It was an impulse purchase since I had $800 worth of other parts in my FCP cart, and I clicked buy before doing any research. Should I just return them and get the Ferodo DS2500 or possibly something from Hawk? Bonus points for a suggestion of a solid pad that FCP carries.
I wish FCP had better pad choices, but they'd go broke if they did.

I'd definitely do 2500's over anything EBC. They deserve all the hate they get.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Have EBC blue ready to go on, but might go with an alternative since I've found some pretty mixed reviews. I guess I need to get them bedded in and see how they do before I make a decision.

I'd prefer to use what FCP has in stock (Hawk and Ferodo) since I love their lifetime return policy for consumables, but they don't carry G-loc or Porterfield which I've had good experiences with, in the past.
Make sure to use high temp racing brake fluid too. Srf is expensive but worth it's weight in your cars value
Did you say EBC? Getta rope.
😬

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
The museum is up and going again. I am only an hour north of bowling green. While you are there, make sure to check out the zr-12. It's a c4 zr1 with a v12 in it. 1 of 1 from gm.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Also, update on my boy. Chest tube came out at noon. Waiting for chest xray to confirm no more fluid. Possibly may get to go home today.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Make sure to use high temp racing brake fluid too. Srf is expensive but worth it's weight in your cars value

😬
Have RBF660 in it now. SRF is on the shelf for my next bleed.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
We. Are. Home!!!!

Last chest xray looked good. Have a followup with the surgeon Friday to make sure everything is good and pull out the stitches. Thanks everyone for the thoughts! Flame me all yall want, but someone had a hand on this boy. After watching that impact I honestly didn't think he was alive. Couple life lessons here folks. 1) safety gear at all times. No exceptions. 2) if brakes are acting up, just stay off / out of the vehicle till fixed. 3) be aware of your surroundings. It may not be you that you have to look out for.

cb1111

We. Are. Home!!!!

Last chest xray looked good. Have a followup with the surgeon Friday to make sure everything is good and pull out the stitches. Thanks everyone for the thoughts! Flame me all yall want, but someone had a hand on this boy. After watching that impact I honestly didn't think he was alive. Couple life lessons here folks. 1) safety gear at all times. No exceptions. 2) if brakes are acting up, just stay off / out of the vehicle till fixed. 3) be aware of your surroundings. It may not be you that you have to look out for.
As an emergency manager, I heartily agree with your life lessons. In addition, watch out for the gray rhinos (and the black swans)

A gray rhino is something we see everyday, but overlook.

In driving, a "black swan" would be a plane landing on the roof of your car, while a "gray rhino" is that on-ramp where people in front of you tend to stop (or worse yet, start to merge, then stop), yet we don't either pay more attention or take a different route.

Fingers crossed that all goes well.