GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Anyone watching new fallout show?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Is there such a thing as a battery tender you don't need to plug into an outlet?

My sister has a Jeep Renegade (the little Fiat based one) and will be leaving it in a parking garage at her appt for a few months. Clearly, the battery won't last.

There is no outlet anywhere in sight and since it is covered, there is no chance of using a solar panel.

What will she lose if she just disconnects the positive terminal?

Get a battery tender that plugs into the cigarette lighter outlet. It will charge itself, like a circle. Unlimited energy is possible!

cb1111

Radio presets, maybe some weird trouble codes that should go away. It should last 3 months but battery age and temps matter.

Also disc the negative post. First off last on. If she cant wrench shops will install various types of disconnects. Consider a LION battery booster, they sell them with air compressors built in. That is if needed after disconecting batt.

I have 3 jump packs all hold charge for 4 months+
Yeah, I'm not sure why I said positive. I'm positive that I know that it is the negative that should come off first - I've only done it a thousand times.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the only downside is some error messages and the settings.

Thanks! I was positive that there was an easy solution. From pictures, it even looks like the Renegade has a quick disconnect on the ground cable.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
We have different definitions of cheap.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Are any of those any good? How long will they hold the charge?

I was being facetious Chuck. How can a battery charge itself?

🤣

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
That's cheap.
Maybe... if they last.
I haven't changed pads since I bought the car. 23k miles and still have plenty life on front pads... They're stoptech...
Drivermod saving me from buying pads?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Anyone watching new fallout show?
Yes, super well done. Just watched the first episode. Gonna stretch it out and watch a little at a time.

I've been very impressed with the Hawk stuff so far, I have HP+ on the AX car. Great for that, though I've never tried the upper end of their pads. Looking at HPS for street use.

Oh and rallycross was dope, updates tomorrow because I'm beat tonight

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Yes, super well done. Just watched the first episode. Gonna stretch it out and watch a little at a time.
I'm not even done with first one yet. Glad to see that wacky wasteland still holds up with seeing messed up stuff going on. The visuals are really cool... I hope it only gets better. (I'm a big fallout fan)

Edit:
This show is gonna be bad to the bone. WOO!

Last edited:

cb1111

I was being facetious Chuck. How can a battery charge itself?

🤣
HA. I should have known based on who wrote it.

However - They have those little cigarette lighter jump starters and I figured they might have one with a little battery built in. And that could, in theory, charge itself while the car is driving,

But every one of those cigarette lighter jump start things were unmitigated trash.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion