GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Civic Type R 2015

I'll take an 8th gen SI over my GTI. It's a much more engaging drive, and the engine has character. BTW I absolutely LOVE my GTI. I bought it because my brother had an SI at the time which I could drive anytime. MK7 is realistically my next car, but I would be equally happy with a type r, if...
  2. M

Going homeless/car squatting for a couple months. Concerns/advice?

It sounds like you've had a tough upbringing. Despite what some people are saying (it saddens me to see the disregard humans have for each other), I would encourage you to keep up your positive outlook. You have a good job, are studious and motivated - well done. Many people in your situation...
  3. M

Dow Ends at Record High Today - How'd You Do?

^ Though inflation is low, at least its no longer in deflation. USD is also improving in strength which is a good sign. I think the US economy will out perform the CAD economy for the next while. In canada, we have Pensions and RRSP's for retirement (equivalent to 401k). We have a canadian...
  4. M

For those with BMW/Mercedes experience

^ good choice; listen to 'bmw2vw', he just listed all the things bmw owners have to deal with, but are too arrogant to tell their friends about.
  5. M

For those with BMW/Mercedes experience

Common E46 problems - you may have none, some or all of these go wrong: -subframe failure -bushings; any bushing in the car will likely fail, and frequently -crankcase/oil seperator system -vanos seals -cam position sensor (there are 2) -window regulators -sunroof cassette (moreso on e36's)...
  6. M

WTF - “triple flash” rear center brake light?

^actually they do. They are the ZHP package (Mtech 2). Comes with different suspension, interior bits, cams, differential etc... I had one - sold it last year :( was an amazing car. But yea, they don't come with those ///M badges like that guy put - that's ugly.
  7. M

Talk me out of (into?) an e36 M3.

Expensive maintenance is such a big mis-conception on these cars. I've had e30's, e36's and 2 46's and probably picking up an e36m3 vert in the next 1-2 years. The motors are solid (when maintained properly). If you go to the dealer, you will get raped obviously; but find a good independant...