GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. v-dug

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

Took me 17 hours in my GTI a few weeks ago to replace all 4 speakers and add a powered box in the rear! Granted, this was the first time and there was a learning curve on the molex connectors and such. On topic, I'm surprised at how much of a douchebag your neighbor is. I live in the south...
  2. v-dug

OT #27: Hot as Bawls Everywhere

OK, I don't usually OT but that looks like he's becoming someone's prison bitch for the first time.
  3. v-dug

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

My co-worker is having problems with her new WRX with 2k miles on it. Takes multiple tries to start up when cold. They gave her a loaner for a few days and are telling her it will likely need a new tune to fix the issue but that's months away. Apparently a few people have had this problem...
  4. v-dug

Its your duty as an American to go see The Interview

I was originally hoping Sony would discount the movie just to make sure as many people saw it as possible! My wife said Sony should rile up the right wingers and get them all to come see it 'cause MERICA, packing heat and everything.
  5. v-dug

Well, they have officially won. Not joking: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/12/sony-officially-cancels-the-interview-in-wake-of-hacking-scandal-and-terrorist-threats/
  6. v-dug

You know, I wanted to go see it just for that reason. Now all the theaters are canning it. Oh well!
  7. v-dug

Nah, I gave it the full beans a few times and noted the bump above 20 on the gauge, then settling to about 15 I believe. It was mostly the higher gears that were disappointing. But the stock GTI is disappointing in the higher gears too :) But maybe you're right, and the car just needs a few...
  8. v-dug

Personally, I love Serrons. And your wheels Dan ;) But back on topic, the WRX wheels are so stupid looking. I'm not a huge fan of the black wheel craze to begin with, and Subaru did the WRX no favors with those wheels for sure.
  9. v-dug

Especially considering the MK7 you picked up even has more power than the stock MK6, and will make a LOT more power with a stage 1 tune. And still weighing much less than the WRX. I'm saying this as a Subaru fanboi!
  10. v-dug

So I went by and test drove a 2015 WRX today and thought I'd give my comparison between it and the GTI. First, a few caveats: (1) It only had 5 miles on it so I didn't want to rag on it. So only reved to 4k most of the time, 5k once. (2) There's the theory that engines "loosen up" and get...
  11. v-dug

Chris, I had a 04 Forester XT. It was purposefully under-rated, really put out 260CHP, and had a crazy 4.44 drive ratio. It was unbelievable off the line, but from a roll my Stage 1 GTI would leave it. There is more driveline loss, but even more so the new WRX is what, 300lbs heavier than an...
  12. v-dug

I came from the Subaru world and a Stage 1 tune is pretty tame. I wouldn't be worried. And the new WRX is a different/new engine than the old EJ. Downside is not as much experience tuning, but it's not brand new since it's been in the Forester for a while. Subaru reliability isn't perfect...
  13. v-dug

I'm really thinking about getting a WRX now. As far as comparisons, what do you say? - stock for stock MK6, WRX is faster from a dig and on the highway? - stock WRX to Stage 1 MK6: WRX has the dig (AWD) but does the Stage 1 GTI leave it on the highway? GTI is a lighter car with more torque. -...
  14. v-dug

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible

I plan on picking up a used (4 year old) sports care in a few years and I keep bouncing back and forth between the 2014 Corvette Stingray and a Porsche Carrera S. Even though the Vet is a better power/$ bargain, I keep thinking I'd regret not getting a Porsche. CSB
  15. v-dug

Switching Jobs

If you loved your job/company, I'd tell you to go out and make new friends. Sometimes old friends hold you back in life, or more accurately, you can hold yourself back by being afraid of letting go of the past. HOWEVER, that doesn't appear to be your case. Sounds like you aren't fulfilled by...
  16. v-dug

Saw a new white WRX in the parking deck today. Walking around it, it didn't look that bad. Viewed from the side, the back half of the car looks OK; it doesn't really look Corolla to me, but does look like everything else these days. I was actually annoyed a bit with how front...
  17. v-dug

Online dating...

My wife and I met....online but before the internet got big and there were no such thing as dating websites, lulz! Met in the ISCA chat room back in 1994 or 1995. Anyone else that old/nerdy? We had similar interests, ideals, etc. Became best friends for 3 years and then got engaged/married...
  18. v-dug

Maybe I'll just keep the GTi for another 4 years and then go buy a used Shelby GT500 as a second/fun car. 662hp would be nice to have. My only worry is the GTI (especially modded) just doesn't strike me as a long-term, dependable daily driver. While the WRX (unmodded) should last forever...
  19. v-dug

I'm just posting to keep up with this thread. Went through all 36 pages when I found it last week. Coming from the Subaru world, this has me excited. I passed on an 09 WRX and bought the GTI because the WRX handling felt so sloshy when stock. I might move back to a Subaru in the next few...
  20. v-dug

Haters be hatin' - You least favourite car stereotype driver

It does seem that since I got the GTI, Kia drivers want to try and pull on me on the interstate. What's up with that? Although, that is when I decided to go Stage 1 on the GTI. The day I just barely pulled away from a Kia in a stock GTI.