GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. VL3X

What is your occupation?

Yeah, the apps aren't great, but fairly new. I think it just came out last year, but seems to work. Fun fact - the prioritization for the roadside calls through the app are bumped ahead in line (vs calling). I'm not sure if that has been fixed since it first came out last year, but worth a try...
  2. VL3X

What is your occupation?

I manage a website for a popular roadside assistance, insurance, and travel business.. there are three A's in the name.
  3. VL3X

The Model 3 ruined my life

I can't wait for a refined EV Golf R or GTI. Take my money!
  4. VL3X

Lol, everyone complains about rattles. I haven't experienced any yet.. I thought my sunroof made some noise once, but I haven't been able to replicate it. I think you guys just modify without respecting proper torque specs. :p
  5. VL3X

Yeah, it's definitely an exciting and innovative time we get to experience. I'd happily grab an EV Golf R/GTI even if the only thing that changed was the drivetrain. The refined interior, body, and handling matched with a powerful electric drivetrain would be awesome! Though it would likely be...
  6. VL3X

Evo 11 coming?

Right there with ya! I do sometimes miss my blue STI interior from my '04 and '06. I've been in a lot of EVOs too.. almost bought a couple, but those interiors were not nice. My STI was quicker and meaner, but the GTI is my favorite overall car I've ever owned.
  7. VL3X

Car movie.

Yeah, Ford vs Ferrari looks fantastic. I can't wait!
  8. VL3X

Well put! I agree with all of your points on the Tesla. I haven't heard of the Taycan yet, but will look into it. The EV game is certainly exciting.
  9. VL3X

Nice, welcome to the community. Any plans to modify?
  10. VL3X

Lol, I'm not one to race from a light anyway.. especially not in a GTI. These cars are made for the circuit courses, not dragstrips. :cool: Besides, that's like lining up next to a street bike and initiating a race you'll surely lose. EVs are in a different category.
  11. VL3X

Reporting back from my test drive and....... Meh, I'm not impressed. :rolleyes: Yes, it's cool technology. Yes, it accelerates fairly quickly (the Performance model I wanted to drive wasn't available, so I drove the mid tier AWD model with a mid 4 second 0-60), and the auto pilot feature is...
  12. VL3X

Thanks. I've since gotten more clarification on this since posting my reply too. Apparently, you can use the app to set certain charge points/times too. Pretty cool. Anyway, I have my AWD Performance model test drive scheduled for tonight at 6:30. I'm fully expecting the experience to "ruin my...
  13. VL3X

What? Why? :confused: Is there a source on this? I imagine that missing 20% greatly decreases range..
  14. VL3X

A friend of mine ordered his last Tuesday and got it Saturday.
  15. VL3X

OK, which of you morons is this?

Wow... reminds me of the picture I saw of a lady standing on a step ladder in her yard to get a better smartphone picture of the recent eclipse.. except much more dangerous. :rolleyes: