GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Son Almost Sacrificed Himself for the GTI

Sorry that happened, but glad it was metal and not flesh that was damaged. Good luck getting both cars repaired. Assuming son’s car is a stick and he forgot to set the parking brake?
  2. T

$75,000 and a (car) dream...

Yep, we do. My GTI has’t been modded and I doubt I that would mod a Wrangler either.
  3. T

$75,000 and a (car) dream...

With $75K, I think I’d spend $40Kish on a new two-door Wrangler and then just save the rest. My GTI is new enough, low miles, and will be paid off by summer so it fulfills the role of the fun car. Lots of cool cars mentioned in the thread.
  4. T

Anybody else getting this message when opening the forum?

Happened on my iPad just now as well using Chrome.
  5. T

What do you miss from your previous car?

-Remote start -Keyless entry buttons on the rear doors (yeah, I saw the YouTube vid about it being possible to add to my GTI) -Powered sunroof shade (not because it was electric, but because it stayed in place and didn’t slide a bit further open a bit each day like the manual one in my GTI does)...
  6. T

What was your first car?

I inherited a ‘99 Malibu base model (crank windows, manual locks, rear seat didn’t fold down). It had the V6 which was the least rev-happy engine I’ve ever driven. It was junked w/ ~70K when the head gasket blew.
  7. T

Multi-car peeps

Interesting topic. My GTI is my “fun” car in comparison to my Volvo XC60 w/ the straight-six turbo. Love that engine.